This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
andrepd

Posted: 22 May 2010 04:30:10 pm    Post subject:

[size="5"]EDIT: Please, even if you will not contribute to the project, just say something... Is it too ambitious? Is it impossible to do?... Anything will be appreciated Cool [/size]

Welcome to the Project Thread of an upcoming title for the TI-83+/84+ series of calculators. This game is an RPG that, when completed, will have a small site to host leaderboards, and a place to post player characters, that can then be downloaded by anyone and appear as fighteable NPC's on the other's calculators.

But first, a note on the nature of the project. I'm not a programmer. I can scarcely do anything more complicated that a small, turn based battle or, with difficulty, a walking routine, all in BASIC. Therefore, and also taking in account the sheer size of it, this project is open source, and everyone is welcome to help, provided they sign up first by replying to this thread. People wishing to take part in this project should choose to enter the Programming and Technical Division, the Creative Division, or both. I will therefore sign myself up in the Creative Division.

Quote:

• Division: Creative Division
  • Skills: Story writing and World developing. Have won various prizes in writing competition, particularly on the Runescape Fan Fiction Wiki, where I am an active contributor.
  • Tasks: Coordinating the Creative Division, and outlining the story/plot, quests, and world.

Accepted! :lol:

Anyways the project aims are as folows:

• Creating a reference in TI-83+ RPGs, particurarly in developiong a local and online multiplayer expirience.
  • Developing a massive, living, breathing world, with time-based challenges, such as competitions that happen only on the 1st day of the month, shop discounts on weekends, for instance.
  • Making updates, like new items, weapons or equipment, available with relative periodicy, by simply tranfering extra programs/appvars to the calc.
  • Anything suggested.

If enough support is shown, I will create a sourceforge page for the project, as well as put all my effort onto it. However, I, least of many people, cannot do it alone.

Enough talk. Post away! :roll:

-----

Current version: [size="5"]v0.00

Objectives for next version:

Members:
Programming and Technical Division (Programm. Div.)

Creative Division (Creative Div.)
  • AndrePD (me Laughing)

[/size]

Last edited by Guest on 06 Jun 2010 05:36:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Bhaliar

Posted: 23 May 2010 11:42:53 am    Post subject:

AndrePD wrote:

[size="5"]EDIT: Please, even if you will not contribute to the project, just say something... Is it too ambitious? Is it impossible to do?... Anything will be appreciated Cool [/size]

Welcome to the Project Thread of an upcoming title for the TI-83+/84+ series of calculators. This game is an RPG that, when completed, will have a small site to host leaderboards, and a place to post player characters, that can then be downloaded by anyone and appear as fighteable NPC's on the other's calculators.

But first, a note on the nature of the project. I'm not a programmer. I can scarcely do anything more complicated that a small, turn based battle or, with difficulty, a walking routine, all in BASIC. Therefore, and also taking in account the sheer size of it, this project is open source, and everyone is welcome to help, provided they sign up first by replying to this thread. People wishing to take part in this project should choose to enter the Programming and Technical Division, the Creative Division, or both. I will therefore sign myself up in the Creative Division.

Quote:

• Skills: Story writing and World developing. Have won various prizes in writing competition, particularly on the Runescape Fan Fiction Wiki, where I am an active contributor.
  • Tasks: Coordinating the Creative Division, and outlining the story/plot, quests, and world.

• Creating a reference in TI-83+ RPGs, particurarly in developiong a local and online multiplayer expirience.
  • Developing a massive, living, breathing world, with time-based challenges, such as competitions that happen only on the 1st day of the month, shop discounts on weekends, for instance.
  • Making updates, like new quests or equipment, available with relative periodicy, by simply tranfering extra programs/appvars to the calc.
  • Anything suggested.

If enough support is shown, I will create a sourceforge page for the project, as well as put all my effort onto it. However, I, least of many people, cannot do it alone. If there is no support, this project will be discontinued.

-----

Members:

• AndrePD (me Laughing)

[/size]

I have one question. Pure Basic? If so, I will sign up for Programming team. I think I'm pretty good. Not the best, but pretty good. Also, I have noticed that people on the site, not to knock anyone, have been especially reticent lately. Just an observation. I've asked for help, but no one answered. I'll help. I have managed to create a game with a simple town made of three panes, where you could walk around and talk to NPC's. I'll help however and whenever I can. I am currently working on something else for a friend though, so I may be distracted sometimes.
andrepd

Posted: 23 May 2010 12:21:51 pm    Post subject:

Bhaliar wrote:

AndrePD wrote:

Quote:

• Making updates, like new quests or equipment, available with relative periodicy, by simply tranfering extra programs/appvars to the calc.
  • Anything suggested.

If enough support is shown, I will create a sourceforge page for the project, as well as put all my effort onto it. However, I, least of many people, cannot do it alone. If there is no support, this project will be discontinued.

-----

Members:

• AndrePD (me Laughing)

[/size]

I have one question. Pure Basic? If so, I will sign up for Programming team. I think I'm pretty good. Not the best, but pretty good. Also, I have noticed that people on the site, not to knock anyone, have been especially reticent lately. Just an observation. I've asked for help, but no one answered. I'll help. I have managed to create a game with a simple town made of three panes, where you could walk around and talk to NPC's. I'll help however and whenever I can. I am currently working on something else for a friend though, so I may be distracted sometimes.

Thank you very much. I do not know, however, what will be the type of program. (Basic, Basic+xLib, asm, Ion...). I will put that in a poll as soon as (and if) we have more contributors. Also, there's no need to feel pressed to work 100% on this project. I expect most of the contributors will be only part-time... Smile Just help where you can and whenever you feel like. Thanks for your collaboration!
Smartzkid

Posted: 26 May 2010 11:02:24 pm    Post subject:

Why give up so quickly? I haven't been here long, but it seems this board is pretty slow. Give it a week or two and see what you get!
calcdude84se

Posted: 27 May 2010 06:26:03 am    Post subject:

Yeah, activity here is declining. Sad If you feel like you can't do this alone, and you can't deal with the lack of speed, you could try asking again at omnimaga or cemetech
I'm sure there are people happy to help at either. Just please don't give up.
Also, if I wish to participate, I'll wait to ask for a position until we garner more support.
Galandros

Posted: 27 May 2010 08:30:39 am    Post subject:

If he gave up so quickly (1 day), he probably does not have the needed motivation to take this game to just a playable demo. Or he would quit anyway if one of the members of the team also quit.

Since, you still aren't a experienced program, I suggest to make a smaller game. Or if you are interest in designing some game, take some time to do it and post images (sprites, maps, menus, etc.), story parts, description of how the story plot and battles goes. This way some programmer may want to undertake the game.
andrepd

Posted: 27 May 2010 04:17:39 pm    Post subject:

calcdude84se wrote:

Yeah, activity here is declining. Sad If you feel like you can't do this alone, and you can't deal with the lack of speed, you could try asking again at omnimaga or cemetech
I'm sure there are people happy to help at either. Just please don't give up.
Also, if I wish to participate, I'll wait to ask for a position until we garner more support.

I'll try omnimaga and cemetech, then. Thank you for your support.

Galandros wrote:

If he gave up so quickly (1 day), he probably does not have the needed motivation to take this game to just a playable demo. Or he would quit anyway if one of the members of the team also quit.

Since, you still aren't a experienced program, I suggest to make a smaller game. Or if you are interest in designing some game, take some time to do it and post images (sprites, maps, menus, etc.), story parts, description of how the story plot and battles goes. This way some programmer may want to undertake the game.

It's not like that. I just can't do this alone! I'm a complete n00b at programming, and I don't see any support. But i'll try and post at cemetech and omnimaga soon. I'll post the links to them. Also, I'll put up a description of the battle system and the general plot as soon as I can, but I'm having the final exams in a few days and I can't really do it quickly. Thank you for your support.
ghostdm

Posted: 01 Jun 2010 07:06:27 am    Post subject:

Well hell if you are planning on doing this in BASIC or even with xLIB I can definitely and will definitely help if needed
I'd even be in both divisions Very Happy

Last edited by Guest on 01 Jun 2010 07:08:04 am; edited 1 time in total
andrepd

Posted: 01 Jun 2010 09:33:54 am    Post subject:

SilentCoder wrote:

Well hell if you are planning on doing this in BASIC or even with xLIB I can definitely and will definitely help if needed
I'd even be in both divisions Very Happy

actually, I've been thinking of doing it in AXE. it is very similar to BASIC, but, as it is an assembled language, it is much faster and powerful
ghostdm

Posted: 01 Jun 2010 12:52:33 pm    Post subject:

I dunno much about AXE I'll look into that.
Bhaliar

Posted: 01 Jun 2010 05:30:54 pm    Post subject:

Axeparser? Isn't that a new project by someone?
calcdude84se

Posted: 01 Jun 2010 07:19:14 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, it's a programming language done on-calc that compiles the programs you write to ASM. For more information visit axe.omnimaga.org

Last edited by Guest on 01 Jun 2010 07:19:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bhaliar

Posted: 01 Jun 2010 08:21:24 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I thought I recognized it. Looks neat.
ghostdm

Posted: 03 Jun 2010 05:11:36 am    Post subject:

oooh ya I know axe.. haven't used in awhile...
regardless... I'm up for it if you need some help
andrepd

Posted: 03 Jun 2010 06:27:21 am    Post subject:

SilentCoder wrote:

Thanks. As I've said, I'll be less active in this period. Final exams and all that... Cool
Deep Thought

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 04 Jun 2010 10:36:11 am    Post subject:

AndrePD wrote:

SilentCoder wrote:

Thanks. As I've said, I'll be less active in this period. Final exams and all that... Cool

Just to clarify, what do you mean by MMORPG? Would it be something like a 2-D tilemap game? I can help after August, if you'll accept me
calcdude84se

Posted: 04 Jun 2010 12:14:19 pm    Post subject:

MMORPG stands for Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game. Given the sub-title of this topic, it might just be an rpg.
Bhaliar

Posted: 04 Jun 2010 02:35:09 pm    Post subject:

calcdude84se wrote:

MMORPG stands for Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game. Given the sub-title of this topic, it might just be an rpg.

I think he means that it would be something like a rpg, but also like a modern game. You'd get the regular game where you do this and that, and then you fight this boss. In respect to modern games, you would "link" Your calc with the site. A.k.a., you would post your stats online, and you could also get "dlcs" which would give you specific weapons, or bosses, or quests.
andrepd

Posted: 05 Jun 2010 08:46:03 am    Post subject:

Bhaliar wrote:

calcdude84se wrote:

I think he means that it would be something like a rpg, but also like a modern game. You'd get the regular game where you do this and that, and then you fight this boss. In respect to modern games, you would "link" Your calc with the site. A.k.a., you would post your stats online, and you could also get "dlcs" which would give you specific weapons, or bosses, or quests.

Yes, it's more or less that. Posting records to online leaderboards and downloading new weapons, quests, etc...
ghostdm

Posted: 05 Jun 2010 11:17:07 am    Post subject:

downloading new weapons i can see happening..
new quests... and in game features is a lil tough
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement