This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
AHBAD_ALVIN

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 21 Sep 2010 08:22:48 pm    Post subject:

An MMORPG is hard enough to do in ASM; you'd have to use the new and barely stable calcnet engine by Kerm Martian (I think it is by him.) He made net pong with it, which was just released to ticalc a few days ago. An MMORPG would be much harder in ASM than netpong would be to make; in BASIC, while you could always do a crossover from BASIC to ASM in a hybrid program, it would be pretty grueling to make. Plus, how many people are going to buy an adapter to play a MMO from their calc?

I mean, if you really are intent are doing it, you might wanna do it th best way possible.

(In fact, this gives me an idea for a built in method for my new OOP language... Wink)

[font="Impact"]
[size="5"][/size]But I do see you need a good programmers for this. If you need me, I can always write you a modification to calcnet so you can easily download stuff (in the format of APPVARS). And maybe an ASM script to convert it into weps.

Last edited by Guest on 21 Sep 2010 08:26:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement