This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Open Topic & United-TI Talk => General Open Topic
Bhaliar

Posted: 15 Jul 2010 09:36:40 pm    Post subject:

Okay, so I hope, that by the time your reading this, Axe parser will be loaded on my calc. I was looking at the commands when i saw some stuff I didn't know. below are the topics.

Buffer?
Interrupts?
Sub Routines. (Will look at TiBD)
And what happens when you do something like V-> V+X->X
Graphmastur

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 Jul 2010 09:56:03 pm    Post subject:

A buffer is where the data for the screen is actually stored.
an interrupt is a routine of code that runs like a thread outside the main code in a certain interval
a sub routine is a routine that can be called from the main routine to do some task. Sorta like a lbl and goto thing, but it can be called from anywhere, and return (With the return statement) right back to where it was called.
Nothing. It will give values, but they are pointless and irrelevant.

The main thing about axe is pointers. If you don't understand them, you don't understand how to use axe. The Strings/Pics no longer represent the basic type of what they are. They now are called "pointers", because they point somewhere in memory. Think of memory as a bunch of mailboxes. Each mailbox has an address. The pointers simply hold that address. So say I had mailbox 5. I did this code:

Code:

.Test
"Hello"->Str1
ClrHome
disp Str1

using our mailbox example, "H" is stored into mailbox 5, "E" is stored into mailbox 6, "L" is stored at 7, and so on. The main thing here is the Str1 holds the starting mailbox, and that, with strings, there is a zero at the end. In our mailbox case, that would be at mailbox 10.

0->V+5->x would make V 0 and x 5.
V and X are also pointers, though.

Does this make sense?
Bhaliar

Posted: 15 Jul 2010 10:32:27 pm    Post subject:

Graphmastur wrote:

A buffer is where the data for the screen is actually stored.
an interrupt is a routine of code that runs like a thread outside the main code in a certain interval
a sub routine is a routine that can be called from the main routine to do some task. Sorta like a lbl and goto thing, but it can be called from anywhere, and return (With the return statement) right back to where it was called.
Nothing. It will give values, but they are pointless and irrelevant.

The main thing about axe is pointers. If you don't understand them, you don't understand how to use axe. The Strings/Pics no longer represent the basic type of what they are. They now are called "pointers", because they point somewhere in memory. Think of memory as a bunch of mailboxes. Each mailbox has an address. The pointers simply hold that address. So say I had mailbox 5. I did this code:

Code:

.Test
"Hello"->Str1
ClrHome
disp Str1

using our mailbox example, "H" is stored into mailbox 5, "E" is stored into mailbox 6, "L" is stored at 7, and so on. The main thing here is the Str1 holds the starting mailbox, and that, with strings, there is a zero at the end. In our mailbox case, that would be at mailbox 10.

0->V+5->x would make V 0 and x 5.
V and X are also pointers, though.

Does this make sense?

Yes, alot. Thanks. XD
Bhaliar

Posted: 18 Jul 2010 03:48:22 pm    Post subject:

NHew question. How does (s1fghit468394d)-> Pic3 work? I really don't get it.
Graphmastur

Advanced Member

Posted: 22 Jul 2010 10:46:52 am    Post subject:

Fisrt of all, when you store something to a pic like that, it is saying that in the compiled program, that Pic3 has the location of the starting byte of the data that you stored to it.

So [FCAA55]->Pic3 would make Pic3 have the value of the address of "FC", so that {Pic3} would return FC, {Pic3+1} would return AA, and {Pic3+2} would return 55. Pic3 is the pointer to the data, whereas {Pic3} is the actual data, or at least the start of it.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement