This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
AdamOrBud

Posted: 12 Aug 2010 02:16:05 pm    Post subject:

hey!

new to this message board.
just had a quick question that hopefully someone could answer.

ive got a TI-83+ and there are a few TI-82 programs that I
would like to run on it.
However, some of them require Crash or ACE to operate, and there
are no current ported versions of the programs to the 83+

just curious if anyone had any idea's how to get them to
run on my TI-83+

thanks either way

-Adam
FloppusMaximus

Advanced Member

Posted: 14 Aug 2010 08:10:49 pm    Post subject:

Well, Emu8x can emulate a TI-82 (if you have an SE or 84+, and even so it's rather slow.) But other than that, no, there's no way to run TI-82 programs on an 83+. There have been a few attempts over the years at writing more lightweight emulators (such as that in the original MirageOS) - none of which, to my knowledge, have ever actually worked. I've occasionally considered trying to write one myself, but it would be quite a lot of work. Some TI-82 programs wouldn't even be possible to run without modifying the OS itself; some programs wouldn't work even then (if they manipulate the hardware directly.)

Is there a specific program you're interested in? Maybe you could interest somebody in trying to port it to the 83+ (or rewrite it, as the case may be.) Smile
AdamOrBud

Posted: 14 Aug 2010 11:13:07 pm    Post subject:

hey!

thanks for the reply (:

yeah, i was doing some research on that emu8x but i wasnt sure how efficient it actually was.
Seemed like more of a hastle than what it was worth :/

the program i've been trying to use is...
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/news/articles/11/110/110431.html?p=0

I also tried contacting the original author of the program, although I'm starting to
think his email account as it is listed on ticalc.org is inactive.
In any case, i've not found it to be ported on any other model and due
to my lack of programming skills beyond very very very basic Basic, I've not been able to
reproduce the software...
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement