This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's z80 & ez80 Assembly subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Z80 & 68k Assembly => z80 & ez80 Assembly
AHBAD_ALVIN

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 18 Sep 2010 08:45:09 pm    Post subject:

Hello, everybody:

For all of you z80/Axe programmers out there, you might be hoping a Object Oriented Language for the Ti8x calcs willl eventually come out. Well, my new language soon will be.

Called 'DE (also called ShadowDestination or SHADDE, named after a shadow register in z80 ASM), this new language is a mix between C#, C++, and a bit of my own genious. Using a true approach to OOP, it includes inheritance, polymorphism, local vars, and more from normal OOP. But, it also had a new catch: variables now have a status var, called their shadow register. Example: var APPLE has a status var of 'APPLE. Status vars can be use for multiple things: the pointer to the actual var's data address (boring), the times the var has been changed, if the var is even or odd, or any of other 27 different staus reads. Below is an Example code from the still in progress on-calc editor/compiler:

Code:

Start as NORMAL
Start at NORMAL
Build as APP
v obj(MAIN)
{
 PUBLIC:
 m sayHello()
 PRIVATE:
 i X=0:i Y=0
}
m MAIN::sayHello()
{
 deout.X.Y."Hello, World!": k.wait
}

Nope, this is not a hoax. It's starting to actually work, too. Want to get in on this soon to be historic event for the Ti8x family?

If so, I'll be willing to accept a few people into my so far growing team of developers, testers, and researchers. Eamil me at ASHBAD.ALVIN@gmail.com, and I'll send you a small test to see if you're up to date on your z80 ASM knowledge.

Au revoir mes amies, and until 'DE 's release in early December, take no mierd from Axe programmers!

And please, reply and cast a vote!
~~ASHBAD_ALVIN

Last edited by Guest on 19 Sep 2010 09:27:50 am; edited 1 time in total
AHBAD_ALVIN

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 18 Sep 2010 08:47:00 pm    Post subject:

Oh, and this is my first day at United TI! I've been at TICALC.ORG for years, and I realized these forums are far superior. But no, I am not a noob jsut because I signed up just now...
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 19 Sep 2010 03:44:19 pm    Post subject:

Welcome to the site! I've removed the duplicate topic(s) from the other subforum. If you want the exact wording in those posts, shoot me a PM.

Take care not to double-post, and check the forum rules for other (mostly common-sense) you-oughta-knows.

Last edited by Guest on 19 Sep 2010 03:45:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
AHBAD_ALVIN

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 19 Sep 2010 05:47:54 pm    Post subject:

Sorry about that, I got carried away. I'll try not to do that ever again.

Also, kudos on this site's forums! when I say that they're 10 times better than TICALC.org's, I truly mean it. Here, it is more organized, it's much more active, more friendly, less complete noobs, and best of all my posts don't get lost in a 723 page long forum...

I'll try to keep posting my development for this, so stay tuned!

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 20 Sep 2010 09:19:31 am    Post subject:

As Weregoose I extend my welcome to you on this site. Laughing

I really think this project is cool. I don't know ASM but I am fluent in OOP to do some testing. I have put ASM on the list of things to learn though. hehe

Best of luck to you on this project. I'm excited to see the possibilities it could bring.
AHBAD_ALVIN

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 20 Sep 2010 11:27:35 am    Post subject:

I promise that if you know a computer OOP language you will understand this with ease.

This should be United TI's response to Omnimaga's AXE language to prove the power of UTI...

Last edited by Guest on 20 Sep 2010 11:51:06 am; edited 1 time in total
AHBAD_ALVIN

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 22 Sep 2010 06:26:24 pm    Post subject:

Ok, so the current team might grow, if Deep Thought decides to join. That makes it two!! Razz
Madskillz

Posted: 23 Sep 2010 10:34:32 am    Post subject:

Sounds like an interesting project. I wish you the best of luck! I'm too busy at the moment to provide any programming help but I'd be happy to test stuff if you need that kind of thing.

Last edited by Guest on 23 Sep 2010 10:35:23 am; edited 1 time in total
AHBAD_ALVIN

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 23 Sep 2010 12:15:39 pm    Post subject:

That would be most excellent.

I'll post something once the development goes on full scale.
AHBAD_ALVIN

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 25 Sep 2010 08:18:58 am    Post subject:

I ran into some proof that my idea of objects was inferior to computer languages', so I'm reworking the syntax for classes and initializing objects right now.

And I'm also working on a documentation so that I don't forget my own syntax later Very Happy
Madskillz

Posted: 25 Sep 2010 07:05:23 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
And I'm also working on a documentation so that I don't forget my own syntax later Very Happy

That would be good, not just for you but once you release the language so developers know what is going on.

So what are you thinking here, some sort of on calc interpreter? Or will this work with Mirage/ION through some converter?
AHBAD_ALVIN

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 26 Sep 2010 08:17:01 am    Post subject:

Nah, an interpreter whould be way too large and slow for what I'm looking for. I'm doing it like axe -- compiling it into assembly -- but the main purpose is to make flash apps that are signed on calc with the on calc editor.
I plan to compete with Axe -- Axe is meant for games, 'DE is meant for games AND most other things too!

But the compiling app might be huge...

Also, the syntax has changed a bit; it's more of a mix of C++ and Eiffel (another OOP computer language) now.
FloppusMaximus

Advanced Member

Posted: 28 Sep 2010 11:43:18 pm    Post subject:

This certainly could be interesting. Could you explain a little more about what you want the language to do? Are you aiming for more of a high-level, protect-the-users-from-themselves type of language, or a low-level, the-day-is-wasted-if-I-haven't-cleared-my-RAM-five-times sort of language?

I'll second the comment about documentation: a programming language that isn't documented is pretty much useless.
AHBAD_ALVIN

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 29 Sep 2010 06:14:48 am    Post subject:

I encourage you all to join my new website, the 'DE official site where you can help work on, get status updates, or just post ideas about the 'DE project. Please join!
montytyper

Posted: 06 Nov 2010 11:55:49 pm    Post subject:

ASHBAD_ALVIN wrote:

Nah, an interpreter whould be way too large and slow for what I'm looking for. I'm doing it like axe -- compiling it into assembly -- but the main purpose is to make flash apps that are signed on calc with the on calc editor.
I plan to compete with Axe -- Axe is meant for games, 'DE is meant for games AND most other things too!

Would it be possible to add Floating point commands like in every other computer OOL? Axe is already pretty good at almost everything else. It's math that's the real weakness in Axe and ASM. Floating point is certainly possible on the calc, being as the device was designed to handle it.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement