This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
anchoviesfishies

Posted: 28 Oct 2010 01:26:46 am    Post subject:

ARRGGGG!!!!!

Just wanted to get my frustration out there. So today I bought a used Nspire, 6 months old, only 65$ it was a steal!!! So everyone knows the only good thing an Nspire is good for is for the GBC emulator that calc84 graciously provided us.
Anyways. So heres what I did. I got the calc, worked perfectly fine!! turned on an off!! amazing!!.
OS 2.1
I use Nleash downgrade it to 1.1,
Use Ndless, all fine
Use gb4nspire, OMFG SUPER MARIO LAND 2!!! I couldn't be happier.
Finish playing turn off calculator and remember that a review on ticalc.org said that this causes the calculator to not be able to turn on with out restarting it. He gave a link for a restart file which I use and great!! it works it turns off and on fine
Next I try to get mCAS for it (by the way this is nonCAS calculator)
find out it only runs on 1.7, what do i do now? turn off the calc. Just to find out it won't turn on!!
I take out the batteries. It can turn on now. Turn it off... doesnt turn on... repeat.
Later i found out if you switch the keypads, they turn on ONCE, then when you turn them off, problem appears again. you can switch the keypads over and over so the calc can turn on properly.
Hating this alternative, I reset calc in the known ways.
Reset button on the back of the calc. Reinstall 1.1. use theta-ON. and the reset.tns file
AND THE PROBLEM STILL PERSISTS!!!! please help this is reallly annoying. I have done this a couple times before (*@&$ up some technology the first day i get it.)
calc84maniac

Elite

Posted: 28 Oct 2010 09:36:20 am    Post subject:

It's a problem with using OS 1.1 on newer TI-Nspire models. I have this glitch, too. It is completely unrelated to Ndless or gbc4nspire, despite what that reviewer said.
anchoviesfishies

Posted: 28 Oct 2010 10:50:58 am    Post subject:

calc84maniac wrote:

It's a problem with using OS 1.1 on newer TI-Nspire models. I have this glitch, too. It is completely unrelated to Ndless or gbc4nspire, despite what that reviewer said.

Thanks so much for clearing that up. I was thinking maybe some address was messed up with the on button, or something horrible happened at low level hardware to make this permanent. So if I upgrade it will be fine? The problem will probably disappear right?
calc84maniac

Elite

Posted: 28 Oct 2010 06:11:09 pm    Post subject:

Enrique Mendez wrote:

calc84maniac wrote:

Thanks so much for clearing that up. I was thinking maybe some address was messed up with the on button, or something horrible happened at low level hardware to make this permanent. So if I upgrade it will be fine? The problem will probably disappear right?

That is exactly right. Apparently it was fixed even by OS 1.2 (though there is no Ndless for that OS)
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement