This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
Gunny

Posted: 31 Oct 2010 12:11:41 am    Post subject:

Hey all,
I have a TI-89 Titanium and whenever I plug it into the computer and open TI-Connect, TI-Connect doesn't detect my calculator. It is properly plugged in and all (but I'm not using the stock cable, as it is mixed with all the other cables (my guess)). I have tried resetting the memory (all), the OS is 3.10 and I'm using TI-Connect v1.6.
I was reading other forums, and it said something about manually reinstalling USB drivers for TI-89 and choose driver called "Ti Educational Handheld Device" instead of "TI-89 Titanium USB Device" which apparently doesn't work. - I have no idea what this is saying I should do.

So suggestions on how to fix would be GREATLY appreaciated (whether they work or not, so far I'm willing to try anything).

Thanks in advance,

Gunny
Madskillz

Posted: 31 Oct 2010 12:22:11 am    Post subject:

Gunny wrote:

Hey all,
I have a TI-89 Titanium and whenever I plug it into the computer and open TI-Connect, TI-Connect doesn't detect my calculator. It is properly plugged in and all (but I'm not using the stock cable, as it is mixed with all the other cables (my guess)). I have tried resetting the memory (all), the OS is 3.10 and I'm using TI-Connect v1.6.
I was reading other forums, and it said something about manually reinstalling USB drivers for TI-89 and choose driver called "Ti Educational Handheld Device" instead of "TI-89 Titanium USB Device" which apparently doesn't work. - I have no idea what this is saying I should do.

So suggestions on how to fix would be GREATLY appreaciated (whether they work or not, so far I'm willing to try anything).

Thanks in advance,

Gunny

I havent messed with my 89T in a while so I'd have to check on somethings. However check this page out at education.ti it might have a way to troubleshoot your problem:
ti connect troubleshoot page

Let us know if you still cant get it.
Gunny

Posted: 31 Oct 2010 12:34:18 am    Post subject:

Madskillz wrote:

I havent messed with my 89T in a while so I'd have to check on somethings. However check this page out at education.ti it might have a way to troubleshoot your problem:
ti connect troubleshoot page

Let us know if you still cant get it.

Checked the page, turns out the driver hasn't been installed correctly (as it doesn't appear in device manager), it says to install and reinstall TI-Connect... I have done this multiple times in my attmept to get it working, so any other idea's.
Also forgot to mention I'm using Windows 7.

Last edited by Guest on 31 Oct 2010 12:35:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Madskillz

Posted: 31 Oct 2010 02:28:22 am    Post subject:

Are you using 64-bit or 32-bit windows 7

Try this version:
Here
Gunny

Posted: 31 Oct 2010 05:23:08 am    Post subject:

Madskillz wrote:

Are you using 64-bit or 32-bit windows 7

Try this version:
Here

I am using windows 7 32-bit
Madskillz

Posted: 31 Oct 2010 01:05:42 pm    Post subject:

Hmm I had heard the 64-bit windows 7 had an issue similar to yours with ti connect.

Anyhow try that link it should work it's for version 1.6.1
Gunny

Posted: 01 Nov 2010 06:45:59 am    Post subject:

I tried it, the exact same thing happened, didn't detect it.
Madskillz

Posted: 01 Nov 2010 12:01:45 pm    Post subject:

Gunny wrote:

I tried it, the exact same thing happened, didn't detect it.

I would delete/uninstall everything, restart your comp and try again. Make sure you follow the onscreen instructions step by step. Do you get any prompt about the driver? I know on vista it gave some message about the driver not being official or something like that. Not sure on Windows 7.

Again check the device manager

Open the Other devices folder and click the words “TI Educational Handheld Device.”
If you cannot find “TI Educational Handheld Device” in the Other devices folder, check the Universal Serial Bus controllers folder.

Click Action > Uninstall.
The Confirm Device Removal dialog box opens.

Click OK.
The software uninstalls the USB driver for the USB computer cable.

Click Action > Scan for hardware change.
Windows installs the USB driver for the USB computer cable.
Source(s):
C:\Program Files\TI Education\TI Connect\TIConnect.chm

I wish I had windows 7 to troubleshoot you through this. But I'm a mac user. I'll see if I can find someone with a windows 7 OS to help you out.

Last edited by Guest on 01 Nov 2010 12:12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gunny

Posted: 01 Nov 2010 07:16:53 pm    Post subject:

Madskillz wrote:

I would delete/uninstall everything, restart your comp and try again. Make sure you follow the onscreen instructions step by step. Do you get any prompt about the driver? I know on vista it gave some message about the driver not being official or something like that. Not sure on Windows 7.

Open the Other devices folder and click the words “TI Educational Handheld Device.”
If you cannot find “TI Educational Handheld Device” in the Other devices folder, check the Universal Serial Bus controllers folder.

Click OK.

Source(s):

I wish I had windows 7 to troubleshoot you through this. But I'm a mac user. I'll see if I can find someone with a windows 7 OS to help you out.

No I do not get any prompt about the driver, the only thing that happened when I first installed it was Kaspersky (my anti-virus) and Windows complaining that it was an unidentifiable software and warning me about installing it.
What do you mean by following the onscreen instructions, the only thing I get when installing is choosing where to install it, and thats it (as in program files type thing).
Well the driver you mentioned in device manager doesn't exist (or I just can't find it), and also there is no 'other devices' folder.
Madskillz

Posted: 01 Nov 2010 07:32:53 pm    Post subject:

Gunny wrote:

Madskillz wrote:

Click OK.

Source(s):

No I do not get any prompt about the driver, the only thing that happened when I first installed it was Kaspersky (my anti-virus) and Windows complaining that it was an unidentifiable software and warning me about installing it.
What do you mean by following the onscreen instructions, the only thing I get when installing is choosing where to install it, and thats it (as in program files type thing).
Well the driver you mentioned in device manager doesn't exist (or I just can't find it), and also there is no 'other devices' folder.

Hmm well some of that stuff might not work because I think it was for XP anyhow. I did talk to a 64-bit windows 7 user and he said the 32-bit version should work fine, without the patch, which was included in that version I linked you to.

Try doing this with the driver:
http://epsstore.ti.com/OA_HTML/csksxvm.jsp?nSetNumber=11499

Edit:
Also Gunny for windows 7 your driver should be located here if you installed from your disc:
C:\Program Files\TI Education\Driver Files

Otherwise if installed from the patch I linked to, I believe it can be found here:
C:\Program Files\TI Education\TI Connect\drivers

Also you can reach me on AIM with the sn: crudedude59

Last edited by Guest on 01 Nov 2010 07:37:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gunny

Posted: 01 Nov 2010 08:05:04 pm    Post subject:

hey, well it turns out I needed the stock cable, I begged my brother (the origonal owner of the calculator) and he's lent me the cable. so as soon as I connected that up, windows 7 detected the calculator and installed the drivers all on it's own (so that was useful). So now all I have to do is replace the batteries (as the set has died after all this trying to get it working), and all will be fine.
Thanks for your help madskillz.

Gunny
Madskillz

Posted: 01 Nov 2010 10:00:23 pm    Post subject:

Ha ha sometimes it can be the simplest things. Well glad you got it working.
Now you gotta put some sweet games on it.
Gunny

Posted: 02 Nov 2010 03:23:14 am    Post subject:

haha, yes, pretty annoying when you don't see the simple solutions. Random question, how much memory do I have to put games on?
Madskillz

Posted: 02 Nov 2010 02:29:21 pm    Post subject:

I cant remember how much RAM it has. But you can archive games and programs. I'm not sure if your gonna use a shell. I dont, I run them right from the homescreen.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement