This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Xeda112358

Posted: 14 Nov 2010 03:32:58 pm    Post subject:

BASIC ReCode is not a library like all of my other large projects. It is an actual programming language that can be used along with TI-BASIC. I have been working on it for only a few days, but it is functional and has a few commands ready. I have an example program "B" included to show what it can do at the moment.

By the way, the example program has a ton of pauses so that the user can see what is going on. If I take out all of the pauses, the code executes in about a half second.
Galandros

Posted: 07 Dec 2010 03:40:37 pm    Post subject:

Sorry to reply so late.

But that is a great idea and original extension of TI-BASIC.
Any progress on that?
Xeda112358

Posted: 08 Dec 2010 01:25:56 am    Post subject:

Oh, hey! Well, it kind of went inactive for the past few weeks, but lemme check my last update... Okay, uploading my latest version. Unfortunately, I am leaving Friday and it is highly unlikely that I will have internet until about January 16th or 17th. But, if you do have ideas, feel free to comment. My current projects and To Do list are getting there... I am going to have a busy 5 weeks off Very Happy.

Also, I am working on SpriteLib and I am thinking of adding this program as a function for the APP version of SpriteLib.

You posted 23 days, 8 minutes after my first post... Very Happy[attachment=3317:BASIC ReCode v1.05.00.zip]

Last edited by Guest on 08 Dec 2010 01:28:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Galandros

Posted: 08 Dec 2010 04:46:53 pm    Post subject:

I was going to suggest integer number operations.

It would be cool to output numbers to TI-BASIC variables or "store in A-Z variables", that is to somewhere in memory.
With pixel, line, pixel, getkey commands plus the above phrase we could imagine a way to do a complete game.
It can always be used SpriteLib for that...
Xeda112358

Posted: 08 Dec 2010 11:16:46 pm    Post subject:

Cool! Yeah, right now it can store values to the BASIC Ans, but not other variables. Before I forget, that gives me the idea to read all real variables as soon as the ReCode starts and convert them all to the hex so that they can be called in the ReCode program. Then when it is finished, it can store any updated values to the actual BASIC variables? Or should I not do that? Maybe I should make a command that just loads the BASIC real var into the corresponding ReCode var? Then a code to store the recode var to a BASIC var again...

Anywho, the Line( command currently makes boxes, but I might be able to manipulate it to draw lines as well. SpriteLib has almost 50 calls (all my own making, too Razz ) already that could make creating functions so much easier, so I will need to find a way to implement this program into SpriteLib. I might have to do some code juggling, but "ReCode" might just be the name of command 40.

Thanks much! Again, any other ideas, feel free to let me know!
Galandros

Posted: 18 Dec 2010 03:48:59 am    Post subject:

ThunderBolt wrote:

Before I forget, that gives me the idea to read all real variables as soon as the ReCode starts and convert them all to the hex so that they can be called in the ReCode program. Then when it is finished, it can store any updated values to the actual BASIC variables? Or should I not do that? Maybe I should make a command that just loads the BASIC real var into the corresponding ReCode var? Then a code to store the recode var to a BASIC var again...

It is not easy to choose, but interesting idea to exchange all variables between TI-BASIC and ReCode, but because during calculations some temporary "Recode integer vars" are needed maybe have a command that export desired variables to TI-BASIC variables and other for Importing/Exporting all of them.
But it needs some work, so for first versions just have command to load the BASIC real var into the corresponding ReCode var and store the recode var to a BASIC var again.
Xeda112358

Posted: 16 Jan 2011 09:16:50 pm    Post subject:

Okee, thanks. Also, I am thinking of combining this with my other other project, BatLib. At least I know somebody is interested Razz Thank you much!
mrmprog

Posted: 13 Feb 2011 06:27:18 pm    Post subject:

What is this? Why haven't I heard about this? It looks great!
Xeda112358

Posted: 13 Feb 2011 07:31:13 pm    Post subject:

Oh, BASIC ReCode... well I haven't made much progress on it, but it is currently included in BatLib. Pretty much, when I release the first "official" version of batLib, doing dim(40 will hand control over to BatLib instead of the OS and any commands between that and Stop will be executed as ReCode code. Right now, it only has a few functions and I still need to go back and fix the Line( command, but all the others commands work.

The perks are:
-It is interpreted, so it uses less memory than if it was actual assembly
-It works during BASIC execution
-It can use assembly hex codes
-It can do things BASIC cannot

The problems are (currently):
-No variables. I plan to add variable support including the ability to use BASIC variables
-Few commands. I am restructuring BatLib so that all BatLib commands can be used (as well as a few ReCode specific commands)

I plan to have fun creating my own programming language Very Happy
mrmprog

Posted: 13 Feb 2011 08:24:38 pm    Post subject:

Looks good, can't wait for the final!
Xeda112358

Posted: 13 Feb 2011 08:40:56 pm    Post subject:

It will be a loooong time before it is finished. I plan to keep adding routines every time I think of something.
Xeda112358

Posted: 13 Mar 2011 12:44:11 pm    Post subject:

Well, as an update, over my nine days away from the internet, I added about 40 commands-- enough so that I could make a game using ReCode! If you want to make use of this latest version, you will need the latest version of BatLib (version 4.00.92.43 at the moment). Here is an example or ReCode in action:

Last edited by Guest on 19 Mar 2011 05:26:57 am; edited 1 time in total
rl123

Posted: 26 Mar 2011 12:40:04 am    Post subject:

www.dhgate.comThey sent a mail to give me 5% discount, and declare:
"The lowest price we sell, if anybody sell lower than us, tell us, we will refund you."
www.dhgate.com
Anybody can tell me it is really?
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement