This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
johnmeyer

Posted: 03 Dec 2010 11:11:51 am    Post subject:

Hello

I have a TI Nspire (non CAS) Clickpad, with 1.7 OS. My PC is on Windows XP. The problem is I cannot connect it to my computer. The problem must be in this TI-Nspire, because i've tried my computer on another TI-Nspire and it worked perfectly. I also tried the nspire on another computer (macbookpro) and ti nspire computer link, as on XP, and the MAC simply didn't recognize the nspire.

I used the HOME+ENTER+P+On and formated the calculador, hoping that the Usb link would start working, but it didn't, so now the calculador is stuck on "Install a new OS" and i cannot install it, because no computer would recognize the calculator, not even another nspire.

I have tried linking the calculador with TI Nspire computer Link, NDless and TILP, none of them worked (the calculador isn´t recognized).

Can anyone help?

Thank you...
Lionel Debroux

Posted: 05 Dec 2010 07:13:26 am    Post subject:

TILP and TINCLS cannot both work at the same time on a given computer, they each need to use their own set of drivers Smile
For one to work, you need to uninstall the other's set of drivers.

Now, about your calculator: if your computer recognizes another Nspire perfectly, but two different computers don't recognize this Nspire at all, then it's rather likely that there's something wrong with the calculator itself...
johnmeyer

Posted: 06 Dec 2010 05:58:00 am    Post subject:

I agree, but the problem with the calculator: it is software related? Or is it hardware?
Lionel Debroux

Posted: 12 Dec 2010 11:48:00 am    Post subject:

Well, I'd say "hardware", because computers and other Nspires can handle a Nspire waiting for an OS, whether it's in boot2 or not...
simondemeyere

Posted: 31 Mar 2011 03:40:20 pm    Post subject:

Had the same problem. Run connection software as administrator (right click)
Lionel Debroux

Posted: 20 Apr 2011 01:44:14 am    Post subject:

Running connection software as administrator is not going to fix the problem reported by the OP, so it's not the same problem Wink
Atham

Posted: 28 Dec 2011 01:00:10 pm    Post subject:

I have the same problem, although I have a TI Nspire CX and the PC doesn't detect it. I have Windows 7 64 bit. Can it be the OS?
Xeda112358

Posted: 29 Dec 2011 12:45:32 am    Post subject:

That could very well be it, thought I don't know much about the nSpire. I should be getting one sometime, though, from the zContest.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement