This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Open Topic & United-TI Talk => General Open Topic
Shawnachu

Posted: 16 Jan 2011 12:10:13 pm    Post subject:

Hello!

Didn't see an introduction thread anywhere, so I'm posting this here.

I'm Shawnachu, but I usually go by Chu. I own a TI-84+ SE and make some games for it in my spare time. I really only have dabbled in programming compared to probably most of the people here, but I hope I can get involved in the community and hopefully get better at [s]wasting away math class[/s] programming. I have really only programmed for myself and for my friends, so there isn't much I can brag about, but here's what I've made so far. All of my programs are in pure Basic.

-Battleship: First major game. Ran on the homescreen and was incredibly slow and clunky to control, but great fun to play with my friends.
-Lights out: First major game on the graph screen. It was that one Tiger Electronics game where you press one square and the adjacent ones toggled on/off. Had a solver and random levels.
-Mastermind: A small game that didn't take very long to make. Exactly like the classic mastermind, but with numbers instead of colored pegs. You were able to customize the possible numbers the code could use. Ran on the homescreen.
-Landmass: A strategy game that ran on the graph screen. It involved moving and placing units on a board, then commanding them to take over the enemy. Unfortunately lost in a freak RAM clear due to unplugging it from the computer after failing to backup for some reason.
-Lightbikes (Tron): Runs on the graph screen. Due to the calculator's limitations, it doesn't run as fast as I hoped it would. However I was able to squeeze in custom maps, a boost feature, and various modes.
-Fall: You ran around while the floor slowly disappeared. Survive as long as you can. Ran on the graph screen.
-Connect 4: Runs on the graph screen. Nothing complicated- just regular connect 4. No AI because I was a lazyful meen when I made it.
-Blackjack: I'll let this .gif do the talking. It was a nightmare to code in the pictures in pure BASIC, but I'm quite proud of it.

I also have a bunch of minor programs that are self-explanatory:
-Analog clock
-Factors
-Radical simplification
-System solver (up to 99 variables!)
-Pokemans (joke program because someone wanted me to make Pokemon for the calculator; you had four horribly misspelled Pokemon that died to one hit from "Arceeuss's Hypoor bemm". After losing all your Pokemon you were deemed a "terribul trainur" and were disinherited on the spot)
-Pong (bounce ball off ceiling, had amusing glitch where the ball would run up and down the left wall earning you massive points)
-Simon (Press keys to increasingly long pattern)
-Tap Tap Calc (guitar hero)
-Calcupet (virtual pet that required feeding every 120 seconds)
-Shootout (Kirby Quick Draw)

So hopefully I'll get involved in the community here, get better at this stuff.
Xeda112358

Posted: 16 Jan 2011 09:44:37 pm    Post subject:

Cool! I used to program in BASIC quite a bit, but that is some pretty impressive stuff. A lot of the things in the list I did, too (like black jack and connect 4) But anywho, hello and I hope you can help bring this forum back up where it used to be Razz Have you ever used anything other than BASIC on the calc? In the past few years a bunch of cool stuff came out including Mimas if you are interested on Assembly, Axe if you want some really fast graphics with BASIC-like commands, Celtic 3 is still an App I love. I've decided to get in on this new mini community craze and I am working on a programming language. I am sure you can find quite a bit here that is to your liking :D

Anywho, thanks for dropping in!
Shawnachu

Posted: 16 Jan 2011 10:08:03 pm    Post subject:

ThunderBolt wrote:

Cool! I used to program in BASIC quite a bit, but that is some pretty impressive stuff. A lot of the things in the list I did, too (like black jack and connect 4) But anywho, hello and I hope you can help bring this forum back up where it used to be Razz Have you ever used anything other than BASIC on the calc? In the past few years a bunch of cool stuff came out including Mimas if you are interested on Assembly, Axe if you want some really fast graphics with BASIC-like commands, Celtic 3 is still an App I love. I've decided to get in on this new mini community craze and I am working on a programming language. I am sure you can find quite a bit here that is to your liking :D

Anywho, thanks for dropping in!

Just Basic. I tried xLib once but never made anything past moving a sprite around the screen. I'll check out the other stuff and see what works.
Xeda112358

Posted: 16 Jan 2011 10:18:08 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, you should definitely give Axe a try if you can! It really is very cool. It is pretty similar to BASIC, yet it is almost as fast as assembly, so graphics get a huge speed boost over BASIC. I would learn it if I could, but I already know assembly Sad
Madskillz

Posted: 22 Jan 2011 01:56:09 am    Post subject:

Hey welcome! That blackjack game looks pretty good. I agree with ThunderBolt Axe is pretty cool.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Jan 2011 03:50:35 am    Post subject:

Braid! :P

Welcome to the forum! Our stories run rather parallel, except mathematics is what got me interested. If you have any programming questions or a routine that could use some optimizing, don't hesitate to post about it. Those topics are exciting. Smile

Last edited by Guest on 22 Jan 2011 03:51:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement