This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Computer Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
mitchba12

Posted: 16 Mar 2011 05:35:29 pm    Post subject:

Ok, does anyone know how to translate (Windows XP) one type of variable to another? What I'm trying to do is to imput data from a USB joystick to a laptop, translate the data into the P-BASIC that the BOE Bot uses, and send that data to an actuall BOE Bot via a USB link cable. Right now I'm guessing maybe making a sub-program in java or batch, but, being a newbee programer, I know neither of those languages. If anybody can help, that'll be great. Thanks. By the way, this is for a national robotics competition my school has entered us into. Also, if what I want is impossible, I already have a working setup that uses the keyboard, so it's not a, "Pull it off or FAIL." type of thing. It would just be a nice thing to have working.

EDIT: The reason this is on computer tech support is because the joystick goes through the computer to the robot. I need to figure out how to make a computer program that can translate the variables from the joystick, into variables that can be understood by a P-BASIC using robot. If it's not possible, than tell me.

Last edited by Guest on 17 Mar 2011 01:14:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement