This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Contests subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Joint Programming Competition (Spring 2011) => Contests
mrmprog

Posted: 11 May 2011 08:16:28 pm    Post subject:

Looks awesome! I want a copy when it is finished.
NanoWar

Posted: 14 May 2011 02:19:53 pm    Post subject:

Really good sprites I say!
FinaleTI

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 15 May 2011 10:42:22 am    Post subject:

I've been making some decent progress on the deck builder. I'm styling it off of Megaman Battle Network's Chip Folder editor, because that's a pretty efficient design, plus it allows me to overcome one of the shortcomings the original game's deck builder had: the inability to see card info without selecting it and choosing to check it. My deck builder will let you see the current card highlighted(pic, level, hp and moves) on the side of the list.
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 May 2011 07:56:16 pm    Post subject:

I'm just a tad miffed you made those off of existing sprites rather than you're own work, but only cause you did a great job and frankly, I dunno if I can compete with some of that impressive greyscale you got XD
FinaleTI

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 17 May 2011 06:01:01 pm    Post subject:

Thanks guys!

I've made some more good progress on the deck builder, and have started entering all the move data. Currently I'm in the middle of setting up a scripting system so that all the moves can have their desired effects. I have the name, energy required, and damage entered for the moves for Bulbasaur through Beedrill.
Converting this FAQ into a Flashbook really helped speed up the data creation process.
I've fixed the first 60 sprites, as I screwed something up, and I should have 30 more converted tonight if everything goes as planned.

Also, I may have a 5-level greyscale title screen working, using only pure Axe.
DJ Omnimaga
http://i-lost-the-ga.me

Calc Guru

Posted: 17 May 2011 11:28:32 pm    Post subject:

Wow those cards are awesome and I love the layout. Good job so far. I wish you good luck and I hope you don't give up. :)

Also thanks to UTI management for fixing attachments (I couldn't view them some time ago, even when logged in).
FinaleTI

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 21 May 2011 07:55:57 pm    Post subject:

As of the other night, I have 120 card images converted! Hopefully I'll be at 150 tonight.
FinaleTI

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 30 May 2011 07:55:33 pm    Post subject:

I've thought it over the past few days, and as much as it pains me, I think I'm gonna have to drop out of the contest.
I really need to focus on my Eagle Scout project, and I have 2 weeks left in school, which means finals should be coming soon.

I'll release everything I've done after the contest, for those who want to peruse my source, and I'll probably keep working on this, but most likely during the summer.

Sorry to those who were looking forward to this.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 31 May 2011 06:33:24 pm    Post subject:

Nooooooooooo! We'll I guess you gotta do what you gotta do. Hopefully something will work out.
Madskillz

Posted: 31 May 2011 08:45:43 pm    Post subject:

School is more important and work on an Eagle Scout project is pretty important as well. Sorry to hear you are dropping out, but you obviously have a lot on your plate that is more important. Good luck with everything.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement