This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
winSharp93

Posted: 01 Jun 2011 10:14:57 am    Post subject:

Hello,

I just upgraded my TI84+'s OS to the latest 2.55.

However, TIConnect (Windows 7 Professional 64 bit) now keeps complaining:
Quote:

Cannot transfer. The operating system on the connected TI device needs to be updated to later version. Use TI Connect's Updates function to update to the latest operating system. (8C050003)

A common solution to this problem seems to be updating to the latest OS version (as the message says). But 2.55 already is the latest version as far as I know.

//EDIT:
Forgot to mention: I am connection to my TI84+ using the Silver Link-USB cable.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
Rebooting my computer didn't help.

Thanks for your responses!
Cheers
winSharp93

Last edited by Guest on 02 Jun 2011 07:58:31 am; edited 1 time in total
winSharp93

Posted: 02 Jun 2011 09:31:41 am    Post subject:

Ok - resolved.
This problem was caused by an invalid *.8XP-file created by a custom written converter and not related to 2.55.
While TILEM accepted it, TiConnect didn't.

For reference: Bytes $44 and $45 of a 8XP-file are not intended to be used as a version information for the program itself although some documents may say so.
TiConnect seems to reject files in which they are non-zero.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement