This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Cemetech News and Announcements subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. United-TI Announcements => Cemetech News and Announcements
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 06 Jun 2011 10:46:24 am    Post subject:

Good Morning,

To avoid any possibility of confusion... the contest entries are due today, June 6th and our time-zone is "(UTC-07:00) Mountain Time (US & Canada)"; since, this site was origionally hosted out of Utah, and we will always use that time-zone.

Please submit your entry on or before 11:59:59 PM (Mountain Daylight Time)

The official clock we are going by is this forum's clock, and you will actually have to "POST" your entry by then.

[size="7"]Reminder:[/size]

That means if you are in Calfifornia or some other State that uses Pacific Daylight Time (as an example time-zone), pay extra close attention to the deadline, which would be earlier than the end of June 6th for you given your local-time!!!

Here are some exampels given your geographic location:

7:59:59 PM (Hawaiian Standard time)
10:59:59 PM (Pacific Daylight Time)
11:59:59 PM (Mountain Daylight Time)
June 7 12:59:59 AM (Central Daylight Time)
June 7 1:59:59 AM (Eastern Daylight Time)

-NETWizz on behalf of United-TI Staff, Revolution Software, and Maxcoderz

Last edited by Guest on 06 Jun 2011 10:47:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Madskillz

Posted: 07 Jun 2011 09:40:53 pm    Post subject:

Looks like we got a whole total of zero entries. A TCG is time consuming and perhaps a pretty big thing to ask for a programming contest. But to the people that did start on an entry and didn't feel comfortable submitting what you had, I hope you continue to work on your project and help bring some life back into the community. Some of the stuff sounded pretty cool.
DJ Omnimaga
http://i-lost-the-ga.me

Calc Guru

Posted: 08 Jun 2011 12:41:47 am    Post subject:

Darn this sucks. Some stuff seemed very promising. Too bad people did not have time to finish them Sad (school/work). There's also the issue about the amount of work required for such project, especially that a TCG usually has hundreds of cards and thus, requires a lot of balance (even more than RPGs), not to mention the graphics for cards, if applicable. I might have tried to enter something if it was a RPG theme or something like that, but I unfortunately am not a fan of TCG so I skipped this one :(

Are there any chances of deadline extensions? I think TIBD did that on their last challenge, plus school ends around late June for many people.

Last edited by Guest on 08 Jun 2011 12:42:35 am; edited 1 time in total
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 09 Jun 2011 11:19:34 am    Post subject:

We can discuss it if members are still interested in an extension; however, I have to talk with other Staff members of United-TI before making such a decision...

If the two forum members who looked like they were going to post something would have both turned their project in, both would have won (provided their entry was complete) given there was a spot for first and second place. Obviously, this means one member would have a new nSpire-CX and the other would be receiving $40... we would only need to figure out who gets which prize. Obviously, this is one of those rare situations where somebody can actually get something for free from the Internet without 1:100,000 odds... Serriously, with what seemed like a 1:1 chance of winning given only two people were posting about their project, I am surprized nobody made a contribution!

--NETWiz

Last edited by Guest on 09 Jun 2011 11:22:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Deep Thought

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 09 Jun 2011 06:00:22 pm    Post subject:

Aw, that really sucks. I thought for sure at least a few people would participate...

It was worth a try, I guess, and maybe an extension would help. But as Madskillz, said, if you worked on a project for this, keep working on it even if it's not for a contest. New games are always awesome.
FinaleTI

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 09 Jun 2011 08:00:12 pm    Post subject:

An extension might be nice if it was possible.

I was really disappointed that I couldn't submit anything, but school has to take priority I guess. Fortunately, I have only 3 days of school left, so I might be able to get my game to a submittable point.
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 09 Jun 2011 10:12:58 pm    Post subject:

Well, I don't have any problems with an extension. The only problem is that it gives those who started their project an advantage over those who haven't, so it might not be considered fair play. Again, I don't know what to do.
tr1p1ea

Elite

Posted: 22 Jun 2011 07:49:23 am    Post subject:

I dont think an extension would disadvantage anyone since the contest was publically announced in the first place. There is a history of poorly performing contests over the last few years so it might not be the way to go.

Id always liked the idea of offering a prize for POTY however.
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 22 Jun 2011 08:10:35 pm    Post subject:

yeah..... making a tcg is hard work but i wouldn't post crap even at those odds for winning Sad
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement