This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Cemetech News and Announcements subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. United-TI Announcements => Cemetech News and Announcements
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 09 Jun 2011 11:09:55 am    Post subject:

[size="7"]NOTICE:[/size]

On behalf of United-TI I am writing everyone to give fair notice that one (1) month [thirty(30) days] from today we (United-TI) are pulling ALL of our sub-domain hosting... You have until July 8, 2011 at 11:59:59 PM Mountain Daylight Time to get your data, website, personal files, etc. backed up and/or migrated.

Please do not read too far into this notice; it is no more than it directly says. We have NO plans at this time to discontinue the main site or forum for United-TI (http://unitedti.org/).

All this means is that if you have a website with a URL like http://yoursite.unitedti.org/, all of your content & sub-domain will be deleted and your access revoked sometime on Saturday, July 9, 2011 (MDT)

Warning: At the same time we will also be dropping ALL non-United-TI MySQL databases, too... some of which we know are currently being used right now for off-site hosting... probably best to migrate these to your own host right away if you plan on keeping them.

As always, we are here to help. If you need any assistance, please submit a HelpDesk request directly to me for your sub-domain via the Private Messaging feature of this forum, and somebody from the United-TI staff will help work with you to ensure you get all of your stuff and that any of your concerns are addressed as best we can. We will also try and provide any technical advice we can to assist you making this as painless a process as we can; however, none of the advice you get from any of the United-TI Staff comes with any guarantee (neither expressed nor implied) – Any technical advice/assistance you get will be based solely on the education and experience of the staff member whom we have work with you.

We urge you to please remember, that the first rule of webhosting is to always have a backup of all your stuff – we do!!! In fact, we recommend and use the 3-2-1 rule, where we have at least three(3) copies of anything important, use at least two(2) different types of media (i.e. Hard Drive, DVD, Online Storage…), and at least one (1) copy is stored off-site. We advocate using a similar backup strategy that works for you.

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or perhaps shouts of derision, please do not hesitate to contact me or another member of the United-TI Staff.

Thank you

--NETWizz (on behalf of United-TI)
DJ Omnimaga
http://i-lost-the-ga.me

Calc Guru

Posted: 02 Jul 2011 11:53:50 pm    Post subject:

I guess this isn't problematic for me anymore, as I got locked out of my omnimaga.unitedti.org domain name in late 2008 then it got deleted after the site moved a year later. I think I have most files, except for maybe a few.
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 03 Jul 2011 04:41:13 pm    Post subject:

If I remember right, we went out of our way to re-upload all your stuff, setup FTP passwords, and all that stuff for anyone that lost anything to our last site move... I specifically spent a few hours taking care of the problems as they arrived.
Deep Thought

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 03 Jul 2011 04:41:46 pm    Post subject:

Anybody got plans for their subdomain files? Resources like http://weregoose.unitedti.org/ are too awesome to just vanish from the community entirely. I hope they can find new places to host this stuff.
Deep Thought

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 13 Jul 2011 01:15:39 pm    Post subject:

Bump: I guess they've been removed now?
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement