» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 66, 67, 68  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
souvik1997 wrote:
No, actually I used Photoshop's option to make text designs.
Ah, that works. I feel like GIMP's text paths are a little more powerful, though. Smile I'm sure Photoshop can do equally (probably more) crazy text pathing.

Laughing
souvik1997 wrote:

0x5
Haha, very nice. I won't even say something snarky about Apple hardware in this case. Wink
Ahahaha, props to you Souvik Razz
That makes me think of Doors CS 10 and the Red Edition. Smile

(More images: http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=18593#18593)

Liking the design but that pivot better be sturdy, or have a notch (within the pivot mechanism) that the screen sits in so it doesn't flop/rotate around freely but I do see you have notches for that...? Love the colour idea, but the majority of the calculator would mostly run as B&W since I'm sure RGB computation requires much more memory and power than B&W programs - I'm sure someone will swoop in and direct this thread in another direction because I'm "wrong" or "incorrect" Razz - but having the ability to display colour is a great option.

The whole device will be 5/8th's thick? That's pretty good! How would a student find the math menu and other programming/math functions?
comicIDIOT wrote:
Liking the design but that pivot better be sturdy, or have a notch (within the pivot mechanism) that the screen sits in so it doesn't flop/rotate around freely but I do see you have notches for that...? Love the colour idea, but the majority of the calculator would mostly run as B&W since I'm sure RGB computation requires much more memory and power than B&W programs - I'm sure someone will swoop in and direct this thread in another direction because I'm "wrong" or "incorrect" Razz - but having the ability to display colour is a great option.

The whole device will be 5/8th's thick? That's pretty good! How would a student find the math menu and other programming/math functions?
Well, it was quiet theoretical; I'm no longer terribly happy with the swivelly form factor. Now I'm more in factor of the sliding form factor. Smile And yes, the idea was that it would snap in the open or closed position.
Hmm, reminds me of the Motorola Flipout.

http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/GB-EN/Consumer-Products-and-Services/Mobile-Phones/MOTOROLA-FLIPOUT-with-MOTOBLUR-GB-EN

Wouldn't a sliding form factor be, in practice, significantly easier to build as well?
I don't think so. In both cases your need flexible or ribbon connectors, and for the rotating mechanism, you just need a single rotary hinge, whereas the slider need more careful balance, plus the springs to make it snap open or closed.
A simple concept I threw together for a project a friend and I are starting in the near future...

GIMP PATHS FTW!

And

What does AFB stand for? Also, I don't know how happy MLB/NBA/etc would be about you appropriating their visual style. Wink
They'd probably sue each other (all 20 million leagues and organizations that use that r/w/b silhouette style) before they cared to sue me for some artwork I threw up on a random (to them) forum somewhere for non-commercial use XD

Thanks for your concern, though Wink
I know, I know. Razz So what's AFB?
Armed For Battle. It's a clan I used to run for Counter-Strike: Source WAY back in the day. After CS:S we moved to Insurgency 2.x, and then I got too focussed on school to continue it so I had to disband it and say goodbye to all 20 of it's members I accumulated Sad

Anywho, here's some more versions I've played with...

As well as this...

Clicky
I prefer the narrower text, personally. They look great, though. Smile
I agreed Razz

How does the silhouette look? I made the trigger/finger too small in the first one, I think, so I changed that in the last three. Ideas? ^^,

It took forever to draw those silhouettes, though LOL. So all suggestions are welcome Very Happy
I agree, the last three are definitely better in that regard. Nice job. Smile
I think, a first for this topic but, these are two different photos? There's just too much changed to make me believe it's the same photo.

That looks to be about a two-hour Photoshop job; I think I could probably pull something like that off. Pretty depressing, isn't it? Sad
Hair curls are the same. But yeah, depressing Sad

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 66, 67, 68  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 57 of 68
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours