This'ere is a command-line style calculator, allowing most mathematical operations possible on the calc, and nearly infinite extensibility due to a plugin-based architecture. Available here, and I see that I inadvertantly put it under 83 BASIC math programs, not 83+.
Thanks Tari. Tari showed me this the other day and of course I had to customize it by adding my own functions. Razz This is what I have added.
    Trace, Table, axeson, multiple mode functions, integer division and of course quadratic formula.

If any one would like these or have other suggestions please do tell.
ps. As it is set up now it can do only functions none of the other graphing modes.
Very cool, guys! I'm definitely going to load this one onto my calculator.
Thanks Kerm Very Happy
Do you want my add ons because they are not included into the uploaded file? pm me for them.
@Storm: yeah, I'll take those
@Kerm: aww, shucks
It's vastly improved as of earlier today, since there is now some semblance of an API, as well as a help system, and a nice 16 by 16 icon.

(The archives need file update abilities..)
OK. Tari please get onto aim and I'll send them to you.
me and Tari had this debate over the integer division program should the syntax be IDIV 5/2 (me) or IDIV 5,2 (Tari).
please state you opinion.
and for any one that cares the ZMODE add-on is complete for any one who wants it.

@ Kerm: Sorry Kerm but the files I sent you may have had some errors because of a ram clear, my backups were not as new as I thought if so tell me an I'll send you the fixed ones

Edit: Pm me for my entire suite Zcalc*, ZGRAPH***, zZIDIV, SYNDIV** (synthetic division), QUADFORM**,
*and related progs ZATOSTR, ZSETNUM, ZRECALL
**not entirely command prompt, so you may not want.
***includes added functions of axes on, trace, table,and graph without change in function.
comma, as it is an argument to IDIV, and not an operation in and of itself. (so Tari's method)
It is a simple change anyway, thanks. It is just a change from instring(str1,"/") to instring(str1,",")
/me <3s DTERM Wink
I just had an idea, when we come up with a good number of expansions we could make a basic builder app of Zcalc with all of our favorite expansions.
TheStorm wrote:
I just had an idea when we come up with a good number of expansions we could make a basic builder app of Zcalc with all of the favorite addons.

Redirect this post through here first: -> http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2622&start=0
Disregarding the grammar, I like that idea.

I still have to implement an asm program which will set up a TI-OS error handler. Best go have a look at the SDK again. (It should make most of the plugins much smaller.)
Couldn't you use the help feature to check for errors, use that to tell the ASM program what the valid commands are?
Too much work. It would probably just install an error handler which catches stuff like ERR: DOMAIN and fthen orce-quit whatever program threw the error.
But their must be a way to turn off that feature for testing new Add-ons.
Of course; just comment out the line that'll be something like

Code:

:Asm(prgmZERRHAND)
Hey, could this be used in other programs for error handling then?
Sorry for the double post but that one is old. What do you guys think I souhld use for the argument for ZQUAD? I was thinking QUAD a,b,c or QUAD aX2+bX+c (wich is harder to program.) or I could use just QUAD and use what ever was entered with a GRAPH command to Y1
TheStorm wrote:
Hey, could this be used in other programs for error handling then?

There's already been much discussion on the subject, there's an error handler on Detached Solutions, I use it in my DTERM program.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours