So I got my card in yesterday and it ran great. It can handle all of my games on 1080p with highest settings (I don't play much too demanding. LFD2 is pretty much the heaviest I have).

Just got my display port adapter today but haven't taken the time to dig out a third monitor yet. I plugged in two monitors, though, and it kind of confused me. I have a 23" monitor at 1080p and a 21" tv that went to 1360x768. I forgot to set the 23" as the primary monitor, though, and steam loaded Just Cause 2 on the tv. It loaded in 1080p, though. So I went to Window's screen resolution window and it now says that it maxes at 1920x1080, but the recommended resolution is 1360x768. Other than the video card, I also switched from using a VGA cable to using HDMI. Is that what caused my max resolution to jump up?

And I can't seem to find anything explaining the difference between recommended resolution and max resolution. Everything I've read said they should be the same. Why aren't they in this case?

EDIT: Actually, it looks pretty shitty with the tv in 1080p. Is it just cutting out pixels or something? That's lame..
foamy3 wrote:
So I got my card in yesterday and it ran great. It can handle all of my games on 1080p with highest settings (I don't play much too demanding. LFD2 is pretty much the heaviest I have).

Just got my display port adapter today but haven't taken the time to dig out a third monitor yet. I plugged in two monitors, though, and it kind of confused me. I have a 23" monitor at 1080p and a 21" tv that went to 1360x768. I forgot to set the 23" as the primary monitor, though, and steam loaded Just Cause 2 on the tv. It loaded in 1080p, though. So I went to Window's screen resolution window and it now says that it maxes at 1920x1080, but the recommended resolution is 1360x768. Other than the video card, I also switched from using a VGA cable to using HDMI. Is that what caused my max resolution to jump up?

And I can't seem to find anything explaining the difference between recommended resolution and max resolution. Everything I've read said they should be the same. Why aren't they in this case?

EDIT: Actually, it looks pretty shitty with the tv in 1080p. Is it just cutting out pixels or something? That's lame..

Probably because the TV's panel is 1360x768, but it can take a 1080p input, which it then downscales to 1360x768.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours