swivelgames wrote:
Nobody cares about Last.FM anymore... Last.FM is for losersssss. Use LaLa.com cause it's for cool people...

LaLa.com has a stream 'one free full listen' policy. After that it's 30 seconds, except for songs that's in your universal library. All your local music, from anywhere, can be uploaded to your Lala library. And technically it doesn't even upload the music, just scans your library and add's it to your online library.

*cough* On a side note, Orbit Downloader is great for downloading streamed media like YouTube videos Smile

So much for LaLa: http://www.lala.com/
Yeah, I've been pretty pissed about that. Apple buys it just to shut it down so they can open up iTunes.com

Definitely won't be as good and I guarantee it won't be even close to the same as Lala. It'll probably be completely infexted with DRM too Bad Idea
swivelgames wrote:
Yeah, I've been pretty pissed about that. Apple buys it just to shut it down so they can open up iTunes.com

Definitely won't be as good and I guarantee it won't be even close to the same as Lala. It'll probably be completely infexted with DRM too Bad Idea

The iTunes store has been DRM free for ages, and if you have old DRM'd iTunes songs you can pay something like $0.10 to upgrade to the iTunes Plus version which is at a higher bitrate and DRM free. The only caveat to iTunes Plus is that the songs are tagged with your email address.
I see. Well, I hope iTunes.com is at least relatively similar to how LaLa is (or "was," after the 31st...).
elfprince13 wrote:
[...]The only caveat to iTunes Plus is that the songs are tagged with your email address.
This makes me wonder how many dozens of tools must exist specifically for the task of removing your email address from such songs. Razz
I'm sure theres a plethora Smile
Why would you bother removing your e-mail from songs? It's not like they can spam you...
comicIDIOT wrote:
Why would you bother removing your e-mail from songs? It's not like they can spam you...

So you can distribute them illegally obviously Rolling Eyes
Obviously there's something illegal going on here Evil or Very Mad
Haha. The point is, when sharing them, you don't want to have your email address tagged in the song. If you do then eventually your email address will probably get spread throughout the world (seeing as those willing to receive content illegally are usually just as open to distribute it).
Check this out: http://www.youscrobble.com/

Close enough to the old on-demand last.fm service for me Very Happy
Nice, Ultimate Dev'r! I'll have to check that out.
How long until they get sued by Youtube for UI theft?
elfprince13 wrote:
How long until they get sued by Youtube for UI theft?
If the sites are indeed not related at all, then that's a pretty flagrant ripoff of YouTube's UI. :/ They'd get destroyed in IP court.
There's always skreemr as well.
Kllrnohj wrote:
There's always skreemr as well.

Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours