alberthrocks wrote:
I'm assuming that libticables can send the bytes with the DirectLink USB protocol...?

Yes and no. The protocol we are talking about isn't the transport level protocol (which libticables handles) but the application level protocol, which libticables doesn't handle. "#h\x00\x00" is specific to the I/O application level protocol and does *NOT* work with direct usb, which uses a completely different protocol.

Since you are going to be making your own protocol, that doesn't matter, you just need to figure out how to send/receive with direct USB on the calc yourself and you should be good to go.
Kllrmohj, yeah, I did indeed totally miss the sending-4-bytes part, so I do indeed fail.

Albert, did you perchance start designing your application-level protocol, or is that still in the queue?
KermMartian wrote:
Kllrmohj, yeah, I did indeed totally miss the sending-4-bytes part, so I do indeed fail.

Albert, did you perchance start designing your application-level protocol, or is that still in the queue?

What do you mean? As in calc <-> computer or computer <-> server?
Calc <-> computer (at least the core ASM part) will be done by graphmastur, not me. He's a LOT better with ASM, and he know's what he's doing. I am just wandering around through the world of ASM. Wink

This test serves 2 purposes:
1) Evaluate if libticables actually works or not. (I would probably need a person with a SilverLink to test out the regular ping.)

2) Experimenting to see if I could add a very special feature to a pet project... Wink

3) (2 wasn't enough!!) Have fun with calc <-> computer communication! Very Happy

But yeah, if you're referring to calc/PC communication, he's doing the core part, and I'm doing server, and parts of the client (above the ASM/core layer).
Yeah, I was indeed referring to the Calculator-PC portion of the project, but I'll quiz graphmastur about it if he's the point man on that portion. Smile I have billions of silverlinks and calculators from across the calc spectrum, so I would be happy to test if you need.
KermMartian wrote:
Yeah, I was indeed referring to the Calculator-PC portion of the project, but I'll quiz graphmastur about it if he's the point man on that portion. Smile I have billions of silverlinks and calculators from across the calc spectrum, so I would be happy to test if you need.

He's still pretty knowledgeable. Even if he doesn't know too much, I'm not even capable of writing serious ASM. Wink The only thing I could really do is disassemble a Axe program, and mod and recompile it to an app. Wink (Before Quigibo released App compiling)

Ahh, so you do have some equipment, eh? Very Happy Do you mind just pinging with the SilverLink and in the TI-83+ to TI-84+ SE? That's the only thing I will need for now. If you want to, you can test the other fun cables. Wink

Simply make sure the module is installed (or in the right directory), and then run the script with argument -p. Thanks! Very Happy
alberthrocks wrote:
Ahh, so you do have some equipment, eh? Very Happy Do you mind just pinging with the SilverLink and in the TI-83+ to TI-84+ SE? That's the only thing I will need for now. If you want to, you can test the other fun cables. Wink

Simply make sure the module is installed (or in the right directory), and then run the script with argument -p. Thanks! Very Happy
Sure, I just realized I don't have libticables or pyticables installed though; I'll have to deal with that.
I've got a silverlink and an 84+SE floating around somewhere, no idea where.

I might give it a shot, just for old times sake.
Kllrnohj wrote:

When is the last time that you actually did any calculator development or programming, Kllrnohj?
KermMartian wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:

When is the last time that you actually did any calculator development or programming, Kllrnohj?

Let's see... the post about pyticables was from 4 years ago, so... about 4 years ago Wink
It also appears that it's possible to set the individual lines of the SilverLink high and low, Kllrnohj, which I had thought you told me was impossible. Razz
KermMartian wrote:
It also appears that it's possible to set the individual lines of the SilverLink high and low, Kllrnohj, which I had thought you told me was impossible. Razz

Where do you see that?

And I did tell you it was impossible - because it didn't work with the test program you wrote (or someone wrote).
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Where do you see that?

And I did tell you it was impossible - because it didn't work with the test program you wrote (or someone wrote).
I'm almost positive in discussions in IRC, BrandonW said you can manipulate the lines of the SilverLink, but you can only send full bytes via the TI-OS link layer protocol with the D-USB link.
KermMartian wrote:
I'm almost positive in discussions in IRC, BrandonW said you can manipulate the lines of the SilverLink, but you can only send full bytes via the TI-OS link layer protocol with the D-USB link.

Maybe BrandonW knows the secret sauce to get it to work - wouldn't surprise me, he seems to know more about the crap than TI does.
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Maybe BrandonW knows the secret sauce to get it to work - wouldn't surprise me, he seems to know more about the crap than TI does.
Perhaps. I'll ask in IRC tomorrow and see if BrandonW, AlbertRocks, or Graphmastur knows the answer.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours