I don't want to use up Cemetech 400th news post for this (which will be Doors CS 7.0 tomorrow, I hope!), but there's various site and program updates that I figured I might as well mention. As far as the site goes, as previously mentioned, we're about to hit 400 news posts. We're up to 1423 users, 113,387 posts, and nearly 4,500 topics. We also have 450 programs in the archived, 4.3 million words posted, and 7.88 million topic views. The whole site is now running smoothly on PHP5 for the sake of future-proofness, and the saxjax SAX-IRC linker bot now hangs out in both #cemetech and #omnimaga on Efnet to notify #omnimaga about posts. The forum now supports sub-sub-forums and has a Member Features section, so feel free to make a topic in the Your Projects subforum, tell us about what you're working on, and see if we want to promote your projects to Member Features!

As far as program updates:
BinPac8x v1.3
A few minor bug fixes and tweaks for rare, hard-to-replicate issues.

mobileTunes v3.1
A bit over 100 bytes shaved off and some Doors CS 7.0-specific tweaks.

Doors CS 7.0 SDK
Incorporates the improved BinPac8x v1.3 plus some documentation updates to take into account new DCSB Lib features.
Toot toot. I'm eager to see of my Sub Forum template adjustment works the first time around!

Also. Glad to be apart of every one of those stats.
promote this after DCS 7
qazz42 wrote:
promote this after DCS 7
An excellent point, I'll do so.

@Comic, cheers, your help is much appreciated in template terms, in site organization help terms, and in general posting help! Very Happy

I forgot to mention that we had a day with 219 posts, the most that we've had since before the Jatol Incident in 2007, and that August activity was way higher than any other month since the Jatol incident, so go Cemetech! Smile
*bump* Excel finally stopped crashing on me. Razz With 290 posts, yesterday was Cemetech's fourth-highest-posting day since this forum was created on Pi Day, 2005. Check out the below graph. As you can see from the dark blue 30-day moving average, which represents the per-day average number of posts for the month previous to that date, our daily average is climbing up from a springtime low of about 30 posts per day to a current value of nearly 140 posts per day. Let's keep up the good work! Post your projects, post your questions, post your hardware mods and advice and musings!

Strange, I would have sweared this was a 300 post day and that there were quite a bunch of 200 post days lately, according to my IRC logs (and Saxjax notices). I guess Cemetech is not eastern time, right?

It's awesome to see there are other forums that are once again getting the activity they used to get years ago. A good sign that there is renewed interest in calc stuff. That was one long slump in 2008 and 2009, though. X.x

You really oughta tell me how you do that moving 30 day average line, though Razz

A suggestion I have, too, would be to make the dots a bit smaller and a different color than the daily line, so it is easier to distinguish each days.
In Excel it's as easy as right-click on the chart line, choose Add Trendline, select Moving Average, and switch the period to 30. I can try to figure out how to do it in OpenOffice if you want. And yeah, depending on what timezone you choose, yesterday could have been a 300+ day. The server itself is in Florida.
Ah ok, that might explain the variations of post on my side.

I might check in OpenOffice doc if I can't find anything about it, but so far I didn't have much luck.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Ah ok, that might explain the variations of post on my side.

I might check in OpenOffice doc if I can't find anything about it, but so far I didn't have much luck.
I just looked at my script that's creating those statistics, and it actually looks like it's just doing straight GMT. Maybe I'll modify the script to generate the entire graph, what do you think? That might be a fun PHP side-project for half an hour or so.
so? when will this be promoted?
qazz42 wrote:
Let's say that I'll make and promote an article on Tuesday about this? I'll be mentioning:

1) Program updates and releases, including ticalc.org feature
2) Site activity jump and statistics, including new autogen graph
3) Site updates, including PHP5, subsubforums, My Projects, Member Features.

To do for myself this evening:

1) Links page revert
2) mTunes Converter fixes
3) Add activity graph generation to hourly cron job.
I think it might be good to do GMT-5 or -6. A lot of the Cemetech'ers are from North America, after all Razz
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
Let's say that I'll make and promote an article on Tuesday about this? I'll be mentioning:

1) Program updates and releases, including ticalc.org feature
2) Site activity jump and statistics, including new autogen graph
3) Site updates, including PHP5, subsubforums, My Projects, Member Features.

To do for myself this evening:

1) Links page revert
2) mTunes Converter fixes
3) Add activity graph generation to hourly cron job.

Sure thing, sounds great!
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
I think it might be good to do GMT-5 or -6. A lot of the Cemetech'ers are from North America, after all Razz
I'll do GMT-5, even though that'll be off by an hour during the summer. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours