Kerm said make a topic, so I will.

Yesterday, I finally got a better computer. My old desktop was about 8 years old and lagged while playing 320p videos on youtube. And since I was going to do quite a bit of traveling this year with 4 AP classes, my parents figured I needed a new laptop.

So here are the specs:
- Gateway NV59
- i5 430M processor, (2.26 - 2.53 GHz)
- 4 MB ram
- 320 GB HDD
- 15.6" 720p HD screen

The main reason we picked this one was because it was everything I wanted and cost only $600. So far, I haven't really managed to make it lag. Sometimes I just laugh when something happens instantly that I'm used to waiting a few seconds for, like making a new tab.
I seriously hope that it has 4GB of RAM rather than 4MB of RAM. Laughing That's a pretty solid set of specs for$600, thepenguin. How's the weight and battery life? Since it's 15.6", does that mean it has a desktop-replacement-style, numpad-including keyboard, or just a standard keyboard?
Yes, 4GB of ram.

It has windows 7 64 bit and I just did some things that I thought it would fail one.

1. I ran 32 bit wabbit emu.
2. I ran tasm which I believe is 16 bit

Does windows 7 64bit have compatibility with 16 bit applications?
thepenguin77 wrote:
Yes, 4GB of ram.

It has windows 7 64 bit and I just did some things that I thought it would fail one.

1. I ran 32 bit wabbit emu.
2. I ran tasm which I believe is 16 bit

Does windows 7 64bit have compatibility with 16 bit applications?
Just use the Doors CS SDK to compile things. It uses Brass plus my own BinPac8x, both of which are designed to run under 64-bit operating systems. The compile.bat takes care of everything for you. If you're trying to make Apps, still use Brass, just as I do for Doors CS on my x64 laptop.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours