The Cemetech Forums has been changing its appearance a bit. You might see nothing different at first glance, but if you take a minute to look more carefully, you'll notice some of the sub-forums that you're used to seeing are missing, and new ones in their stead. We've consolidated a few and renamed others. We've also introduced sub-sub-forums, including several under Member Features. Under Member Features you can find promising and regularly updated member projects. Another subforum, Other, Upcoming, and Defunct, holds sub-sub-fora and topics about Cemetech projects that have been shelved, aren't yet ready for prime-time, or are still in the chin-scratching phase.

The website is also getting a new skin for mobile and cell phone browsers. Over the next month, if you visit Cemetech on your mobile device you'll notice a mobile version of the site gradually evolving. Please visit the Cemetech6mobile development thread and share and suggestions, comments, or even mock-ups. We're trying to strike a good balance between small pages that load and render easily on even low-end devices, and maintaining the look-and-feel of the full-sized website.

In Kerm's constant pursuit of statistics, numbers, and graphs to quantify things like Cemetech activity, he has occasionally generated graphs of Cemetech posts per day since the inception of the current forum on Pi Day, 2005, but this process is somewhat time consuming. To save himself the trouble, and open the door for future stats-gathering, Kerm has created an automated PHP script that runs once per day and generates a snazzy graph of the posts per day from March 2005 to the present. It is embedded on a budding Site Statistics page which will eventually hold other numbers and graphs relevant to the site. Feel free to suggest any statistic or graph that should be generated or calculated that you think Cemetech members would find intriguing.

From the Desk of Kerm Martian
Finally, although they did not change enough to warrant a front-page mention, BinPac8x v1.3 has been updated to fix a rare bug, and mobiletunes has advanced to version 3.1, both thanks to the release of Doors CS 7.0 precisely a week ago. The former program allows cross-platform creation of TI-83+/84+/85/86 binaries from assembled object files, while the latter is a quadraphonic music player (with a converter that can turn MIDI files into MT3 songs) written for Doors CS. As a side-note for those keeping track, Doors CS 7 has quietly advanced to version 7.0.1 to tweak four minor, non-fatal issues that were found in the past week.
Thanks for posting this, comicIDIOT, and thanks for sitting with me and spending what I know is your valuable time composing it. Smile ComicIDIOT is our resident aesthetic and design expert, moonlighting as a photographer (or maybe he's a full-time photographer and moonlights as a Cemetech member?), and I'm enjoying working with him on some of the site updates including Cemetech6 mobile; he was also very helpful in the Forum Reorganization topic with his thoughts and guidance on creating the sub-sub-fora. I must also mention the following conversation we had:

Instant Messages wrote:
[8/31/10 6:16:03 PM] comicIDIOT: Ah yes, you want to hear my Sub-Sub-fora idea
[8/31/10 6:16:13 PM] KermMartian: yeah!
[8/31/10 6:18:53 PM] comicIDIOT: My idea, show the recent threee
[8/31/10 6:18:59 PM] comicIDIOT: Not sure how you'd do it
[8/31/10 6:19:08 PM] comicIDIOT: But just list the three last active forums
[8/31/10 6:21:32 PM] KermMartian: and I like the only-3 idea
[8/31/10 6:21:38 PM] KermMartian: maybe then have a More... link?
[8/31/10 6:21:42 PM] comicIDIOT: Aye
[8/31/10 6:21:44 PM] comicIDIOT: Great idea
[8/31/10 6:21:58 PM] comicIDIOT: It will also encourage the members to update
[8/31/10 6:22:05 PM] comicIDIOT: So they can get some free advertsing ;D
[8/31/10 6:22:10 PM] comicIDIOT: Haha
[8/31/10 6:22:26 PM] KermMartian: we should copypaste this discussion in the thread for the news article Wink
[8/31/10 6:22:51 PM] comicIDIOT: Alright, xD
I think it'd be cool if we could visualize the member registrations around this time!
comicIDIOT wrote:
I think it'd be cool if we could visualize the member registrations around this time!
I could do member registrations vs. absolute time, member registrations vs. day of year, member registrations vs. week of year,...? Any of those sound handy?
Hrm... Week of year sounds good! I think it'll give a great average. Even month wouldn't be too bad.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Hrm... Week of year sounds good! I think it'll give a great average. Even month wouldn't be too bad.
I can do weeks per year; that should be a relatively easy script to write. I really need to make a generate image function I can call for these...
good, cemetech is getting better and better by the day

now, where is DCS 7.1? Razz
qazz42 wrote:
good, cemetech is getting better and better by the day

now, where is DCS 7.1? Razz
What 7.0.1 doesn't have enough features for you? Laughing Thanks, qazz, we'd appreciate any feedback you'd be able to offer us on the forum organization, any subfora you wish existed, any of the current ones you feel are extraneous or could be merged.
ooops, meant 7.0.1 sorry!

I think the forums are fine right now. Perhaps we need a randomness section. And a nikky section
What do you propose would be posted into the Random Section? We already have General Open Topic to support non-spam related random topics.
Hmmm, how about more spam-related things?
comicIDIOT wrote:
What do you propose would be posted into the Random Section? We already have General Open Topic to support non-spam related random topics.
Plus Politics and Rants for more specific non-spam ranty topics. Personally I don't think there's really a place for a spammy subforum on Cemetech. Razz
No, we do NOT need a spam section on the forum. :/ *casts vote*
Ok, fine

how about a troll forum? For the posts that nikky or killer John make? XD
tifreak8x wrote:
No, we do NOT need a spam section on the forum. :/ *casts vote*
Good, I'm glad, I vote the same. Razz Qazz, Kllrnohj doesn't really troll, he just imparts his knowledge with plenty of scorn and sarcasm. Razz Nikky trolls, but that's ok, because he's our friendly neighborhood ticalc.org admin.

TIFreak8x, did you have any forum organization thoughts, since you're an admin? What do you think of showing a max of three subsubforums for each subforum, ordered by latest activity?
Eh, good point Razz

Now that I think of it, a spam forum isnt such a great idea...
qazz42 wrote:
Eh, good point Razz

Now that I think of it, a spam forum isnt such a great idea...
Are there any other subforums or subsubforums that you think WOULD be a good idea? At some point I plan to make a CALCnet one, but what about other than that?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours