KeithJohansen wrote:
No merging. It's not quite fair. ASM and BASIC/Hybrid are in leagues of their own.
That.
comicIDIOT wrote:
KeithJohansen wrote:
No merging. It's not quite fair. ASM and BASIC/Hybrid are in leagues of their own.
That.
Cheers, comic. Smile I consider your opinions well-thought-out, so I'll count that as a big checkmark in the no-merge column.
Haha P: You can double it if you want.

I'd be fine with merging ASM + BASIC together if you totally eliminate their differences. If you focus on replay ability or usefulness, use of routines and another category or two it shouldn't be a problem merging the two/three. But you likely have users who coded the program to the elements to be graded and so if you change what is graded, you may have some unhappy participants.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Haha P: You can double it if you want.

I'd be fine with merging ASM + BASIC together if you totally eliminate their differences. If you focus on replay ability or usefulness, use of routines and another category or two it shouldn't be a problem merging the two/three. But you likely have users who coded the program to the elements to be graded and so if you change what is graded, you may have some unhappy participants.
Definitely, and it's hard enough to be unbiased about performance based on language anyway, so I think it would be particularly unfair to change the provisional rubric this late. Smile Thanks for providing a foil to all the BASIC coders' voices. Laughing (No offense to y'all, of course Wink )
We did already set up guidelines on how things were going to be graded. We would have to stick at least to that stuff while grading, as I know those would be my focus points in a contest if I were entering.

As for the merging, I would first have to see the full compilation of what people entered (they are kind of scattered in my inbox atm), and how the entries were actually looking. Something Kerm and I will have to talk about a bit in detail.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours