KermMartian wrote:
Merth, I'm sure they do, but I'm a creature of habit. Smile
That's fine, as long as you don't pass on that habit to others. Razz

Quote:
DJ, I agree, it's unfortunate how many people don't know of the 83+SE, and indeed how rare they are.
The only calculators I've seen in the flesh other than the ubiquitous TI-83+ are the TI-83+ Silver Edition (one of) and the TI-83 (also one of). The others seem to be very rare, even the TI-84+ (which may be why attempting to buy them on eBay is rather tricky in the UK). I have a single TI-83+, and it serves me well!
yeah... they are more like a limkited edition than a silver edition....

almost want to make me get a ti-84 silver just incase Razz
WhiteValkery wrote:
yeah... they are more like a limkited edition than a silver edition....

almost want to make me get a ti-84 silver just incase Razz
I don't feel that the same rarity of the TI-84+SE is true in the US as of the TI-83+SE, WhiteValkery, unless that was a typo.
Over here, the TI-84+ appared in stores in 2006. At first, I was convinced it would not be sold at all in my area. Now they usually have a lot of TI-83 Plus and a few TI-84 Plus, but for TI-84+SE you have to search harder, same for TI-Nspires.

On a side note, I should really take a new pic of all my calculators at one point. My last one missed a few of them.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours