First off I love Clive Cussler, not in a sick way, but in a "man this guy is a great author" way. I have read most of his books and I am going to go get "Trojan Odyssey" very soon. I would also like to say that I am generaly very leery of movies that started out as books/video games. With all of that out of the way, I Loved this movie. It was true to the book where it counted, and what was changed were things that needed to be changed for a movie to be possible. The characters were the way they were supposed to be, Dirk Pitt (played by Matthew McConaughey) even had his characteristic green eyes. It was funny, it had action, it was an all around great movie. I reccomend you go see it right now, and buy it on dvd when it comes out.

I give it a 10 out of 10

(GO NOW)
Can you give us a lil bit of an idea as to the plot, or some info on the characters?
Sorry, I had the advantage of reading the book first. The plot is this:
Dirk Pitt is a Special Projects Director for NUMA (the National Underwater and Marine Agency) along with his best friend since kindergarden named Al Gidorno (I think this is how you spell it). They are in Africa searching for a sunken treasure ship. While this is going on the WHO (World Health Organization) is in Africa investigating a strange outbreak. After a string of events, Pitt and his pal are going up the Niger River with a doctor from WHO named Eva Rojas and her partner Frank Hopper. A string of events later lead to blowing up the boat, visiting the Touregs (sp?), stumbling on to a massive solar decomtanination facility owned by a french industrialist, and later killing the leader of Mali, General Kazim, with a 200 year old cannon. I hope this giver you an idea with out spoiling to much. (Sorry for any spelling mistakes, I'm in a hurry Very Happy )
Sounds like a good movie/book. Smile
godfather nytimes panned pretty sounds

[Please note that this post has been rebuilt from a corrupted database.]
kind loved stuff

favorite genre hmm movie whats

think tend soft side red one newbie movies male longer let interest horror hitch great favorite evil comedies combine blooded american action three together truely yay

advanced agree genres newbie yup

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours