like i said before, I dont wanna disable the interrupts because if there using grayscale it could interfere if i dont re-enable and if their like, playing sound it could interfere if i do
Anakclusmos wrote:
like i said before, I dont wanna disable the interrupts because if there using grayscale it could interfere if i dont re-enable and if their like, playing sound it could interfere if i do
The grammar, my friend! Please, have mercy!

*As *I said before, I *don't *want *to disable the interrupt because if *they're using grayscale, it could interfere if *I *don't *re-enable, and if *they're playing sounds it could interfere if *I do.
I have a bit of a small question, how would I read data on the second page of an app if i was on the first page?

WikiTI says port 6 controls which page is located at 4000h and port 7 controls which page is located at 8000h.Supposedly you can read which page your currently on from the port, so my idea is if your in an app you can read port 6 to find which page your on, increase by 1, then output the page number to port 7 so the second app page would be at 8000h, then you should be able to read from it or possibly, though im not sure, even write back
It's a nice idea; I notice at least one flaw, though. Pages are stored backwards in ROM, so you need to decrement the read value from Port 6 to find the number of your app's second page.
If you change what is mapped at $8000, you should make sure interrupts are disabled. TI-OS expects RAM there.

Alternatively, you could use the flash reading bcalls: LoadAIndPaged (reads A from A,HL) and FlashToRam (Copies BC bytes from A,HL to DE) are two. There are also LoadCIndPaged (reads C from B,HL) and LoadDEIndPaged (reads DE from B,HL in little-endian)

Edit:
It would certain be faster if you create your own versions of these routines and copy to RAM to be called. For example, LoadCIndPaged:

Code:
in a,(6)
push af
ld a,b
out (6),a
ld c,(hl)
pop af
out (6),a
ret
calc84maniac wrote:
If you change what is mapped at $8000, you should make sure interrupts are disabled. TI-OS expects RAM there.

Alternatively, you could use the flash reading bcalls: LoadAIndPaged (reads A from A,HL) and FlashToRam (Copies BC bytes from A,HL to DE) are two. There are also LoadCIndPaged (reads C from B,HL) and LoadDEIndPaged (reads DE from B,HL in little-endian)
I'm a bit unclear if he's talking about OSes or Apps; he mentioned apps in his post, but this thread is about OSes.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours