This is a fork of the "TSA overstepping bounds" topic, which deals with the government use of full body scanners in airports. The topic I want to discuss, is what to do in the future when full-body scanners become affordable for private businesses to own and operate. Rather than hijack the TSA topic, I decided to create this fork to continue my own discussion.

Let's say in the future Full-body scanners have become inexpensive enough that even small businesses like book stores or clubs can afford them. Should the government do something to stop them, since it's a violation of privacy, or would that be overreach? What if they become portable enough for individuals to carry them, so they can, say, scan a potential sexual partner for STDs? Should we be prohibited from carrying our own scanners since they can be used to look at people's d!cks? Where should be draw the line between a person's right to use a technology on their premises, and a person's right to privacy?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours