http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40571573/ns/business-us_business

That is some pretty insane stuff that is going on. I hadn't even heard that people are getting hammered for other people's mess ups and the banks don't care. Just caught this on winlive's little news reel thing.

Scary stuff..
Quote:
In many of those cases, the bank went so far as to haul away belongings and change the locks on the wrong homes.

Last time I checked, if a normal person did that, it was called "grand-theft" and they'd go to jail for a long time. The government needs to come down on these assholes like the fist of an angry God.
I'm sure glad I use an independent community bank.
Doesn't matter. Half these people didn't even have an account with the bank foreclosing on them.
DShiznit wrote:
Last time I checked, if a normal person did that, it was called "grand-theft" and they'd go to jail for a long time. The government needs to come down on these assholes like the fist of an angry God.

Agreed. People need to start getting the local authorities involved as well. After all, nailing something to your door is also illegal, it's destruction of property. Call the cops if the bank tries to enter your house, and sue the crap out of the banks.
What if the government continues to protect the banks because they're "too big to fail"?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours