Hopefully someone learns something from it. Smile I was surprised the very first time I used port 6 and discovered that pages were stored backwards in ROM.
Oh, that is really good use to me Qugibo. Another dumb question about pages, though.

I'm using ZDS first of all (I would switch if it had an IDE, so if you have suggestions and easier programs to do it, then please suggest away).

I'm trying to figure out what page goes where. Especially if I do something like an OS, but more or less an app for now. For the app, I know the first page has the header, and code starts at $4080. Does the second page need a header, too? Is there anything I need to know about the second page in particular? How do I tell ZDS (or other compiler if it's suggested) that I'm changing pages?

I also think I should just be able to disable interrupts, and swap a ram page in Mem bank B (8000-BFFF), and have all of my routines and stuff there, for swapping pages, and temporary data storage. Will this make it not work on some calcs? Are there any safe pages that I can use, that I can completely use? The fact that it's a full page in ram really helps me with data management, but I don't know if it's doable.
One thing to obviously be aware of is that you can't do anything like text display, etc with the TI-OS routines while the page is swapped out, and that using the TI-OS bcall routine might not work either, because I believe the app base page table gets stored somewhere between $8000 and $8200. I'd say the first thing to do would be to figure out exactly how much stuff you're thinking of using. I tend to feel there's a better way to do it.
I see. Does Brass have a gui, btw? I know you said something about doing pages with it, but I'm not sure. And I think I've allocated about 0xF9D bytes of data I can use, so we'll have to see.
graphmastur wrote:
I see. Does Brass have a gui, btw? I know you said something about doing pages with it, but I'm not sure. And I think I've allocated about 0xF9D bytes of data I can use, so we'll have to see.
Brass does not have a GUI, but it has an amazing command line Wink and excellently superb documentation. I gave Iambian a skeleton of a multipage app in Brass; I'd be happy to give you the same.
KermMartian wrote:
graphmastur wrote:
Brass does not have a GUI, but it has an amazing command line Wink and excellently superb documentation. I gave Iambian a skeleton of a multipage app in Brass; I'd be happy to give you the same.

Sure, and can you also tell me where to find brass?
Here: http://www.benryves.com/products/brass3
souvik1997 wrote:
Exactly that. Smile However, I run v1.0.4.11, because it's much, much more stable, and doesn't miss too many features.
Alright, thank you.

@Kerm: Can you send me that file you were talking about?
graphmastur wrote:
Alright, thank you.

@Kerm: Can you send me that file you were talking about?
I've PMed you the relevant files, especially dcs7.asm. Please feel free to ask questions here.
oh, okay, thank you. In this section:

Code:

.echoln "-Page 0----------------------"
                                    ; ? header is added in here for us
    .block 128                      ; Advance 128 bytes for header

It says the header is added here, but what adds the header? Does brass automatically do that?

Also what's "#ifdef USBDrivers" for? You didn't plan on usb drivers, did you? Smile
It means that when you use Wabbitsign then that is where it will store the header. .block throws in blank space for xxx number of bytes, and the signing that we are used to is just setting those bytes to something TI accepts.
Oh, okay. I usually use Wappsign or rabbitsign. Where is wabbitsign?
I just forgot the names and mixed them. Use whatever you prefer, they all get the job done Smile
graphmastur wrote:
Oh, okay. I usually use Wappsign or rabbitsign. Where is wabbitsign?
I too use Wappsign, but all the signers work more or less the same way.
So they will all create the header appropriately? or is the header supposed to be in some other file that is included when signing it?

Thanks for all your help so far!
graphmastur wrote:
So they will all create the header appropriately? or is the header supposed to be in some other file that is included when signing it?

Thanks for all your help so far!
They will create the header, as long as you have the fields like "variablename" that I have in that file so that Brass can do part of it, and you leave that 128-byte block.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours