Tell you what, let's just drop this.
true, but what was said was just out of line. Sure, everyone makes newb progra,s and games, I admit it. But everyone grows out of it and becomes better. I am still new to the community, about one year in), and I feel sometimes that it isn't worth being a part of. We have to supprot newbs and encourge them to make better programs and games. Check out my first game (Ultimate Pong v1.0.1), it wasn't good, but now look at the updated version, it is of elite material. I don't know really if what I am saying means anything, but it does to me. When I joined, I didn't know much, but the people on ticalc.org expoained things, and I learned from them, and know, I try to help out people when I can.

This is my 2 cents, whatever it is worth.
Precisely. Which is what I posted at calcgames.org
I want to see other peoples view on what I said, opened.
rivereye wrote:
Sure, everyone makes newb progra,s and games, I admit it. But everyone grows out of it and becomes better. I am still new to the community, about one year in), and I feel sometimes that it isn't worth being a part of. We have to supprot newbs and encourge them to make better programs and games. Check out my first game (Ultimate Pong v1.0.1), it wasn't good, but now look at the updated version, it is of elite material. I don't know really if what I am saying means anything, but it does to me. When I joined, I didn't know much, but the people on ticalc.org expoained things, and I learned from them, and know, I try to help out people when I can.

Talk about out of topic, nowhere was it mentioned that we were judging based on older programs...
rivereye wrote:
true, but what was said was just out of line.

What was said in the first place? Nothing would have happened if people didn't go out looking to start wars!

rivereye wrote:
I want to see other peoples view on what I said, opened.

That's just looking for trouble, and you know that.
Dude....Andy has previously said that he hates me because of old programs. Not in this topic, but in others.
well, I was taking things from calcgames forum also. If I read simialr things from diffrent places, they mix up in my head. I just don't like people for flaming because people want to release programs. I don't really declare my programs because I might get flamed for doing so, which I really shouldn't be wroried about. I will admit that I am new compared to many people, but I don't think that new means newb or bad. I only try to release quality programs and games.

What was said really, many things were, over many points in time, I wasn't reffering to this specific one i general. Oh well.

Also, to my opening, I don't care really what people think of my opinions. I want to hear theirs though so I can make better choices around theses things.
Ah, definitely, I agree.
thank you Kerm. Some people like to shun themselves, but I want to experiance things here.
I think that alot of people here (not HERE here, but the TI-Community here) are alot like the "typical" sterotypes you hear about from people in highschool... I feel that what you did (no matter how crappy) should be honered as the learning process... look at XCAPE I, I hated it, but I learned from it, so I went and made more, and more, now I'm making games like LRB wich besides my tendancy to not optimize for size all the time, is extremely good... I just think people are being childish. If someone had a problem with me I'd expect them to say it to me and not just "walk away". I'm afraid I just can't take more of this, not alot more at all...
true , true, very true. I hope that someday, I can really make really good programs.
rivereye wrote:
Check out my first game (Ultimate Pong v1.0.1), it wasn't good, but now look at the updated version, it is of elite material.

and a little bit later
rivereye wrote:
I hope that someday, I can really make really good programs.

I thought "Elite" programs were supposed to be exceptional?
I note your notice of the overlying topic rivereye, but it's the underlying topic I want people to get a hold of... and I hope I'm not the only one that feels like this (besids Kevin...)
@allynfolksjr: I mean on a regualr basis. It is really the only one I would consider worthy, even over some of my really good math programs (composition of functions for example). In fact, I hope my next project turns out well, I am going to attempt to build a climbing wall simulator.

@CDI: huh?
I dont think this will ever end. from what I noticed Posting the flames to public will do nothing else than moving discussions to various places. thats why i didnt got through this because I know andy will continue dissing Kerm everytime there is a DCS discussion on #calcgames or Calcgames and he will ban or kick anyone trying to convince him that DCS is not that bad and that Kerm is a good guy.

The only thing to do I think now is to ignore those things and just leave calcgames forums and IRC channel, like I did. Cemetech, Calchaven, TI-Freakware are friendly and nice enough in my opinion
I'll have everyone here know that I'm sorry I spoke my mind about ANYTHING in the first place... (Including DCS) It seems everytime I do, people get yelled at and rants start... grrrrr...
Rivereye, I'm going to close this again, and please don't reopen it this time.
same here, the thing is that some people jhave no heart like andy and some others want to promote flaming and sutff that andy does like allynfolksjr.

EDIT: uhm Kerm could you close the topic, I can still post atm :/
Kerm will do. I don't post on ticalc.org because of the flames, I stay here at Cemetech, Ti-Freakware, Calcahven, Cody Moats Programming, Omnimaga, and Rivereye Studios. Right now, Rivereye Studios don't discriminate, and I will try and keep it that way.

Note: never was opened, the admins and I can still post here.

Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours