BatLib has been experiencing a bit of a bug and I was just curious if anybody knew what was going on. I posted over on Omnimaga, but to no avail...

So about the bug:
It seems to happen randomly
It happens during parsing
It occurs with BASIC code or the intercepted sum( command

Here is the screeny:
Do you mind me asking what this "BatLib" is supposed to do? I don't really get what parts messing up, along with the part that I don't know how to fix something if I don't know what you are doing/how you are doing it. Is this in Axe, or ASM?
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/434/43488.html
It's a library for BASIC programmers, like xLib or Celtic. I think the screenshot makes it clear what's failing, or at least how to replicate a crash.
It seems to be an ASM application, because Axe doesn't have parser hook support iirc.
@Xeda: Could you post the parser hook code here?
Merth, ah, thanks for that Smile
Please show us the first bits of your parser hook code that checks and rejects non-sum( tokens, as I would assume the fault must lie there.
Hahahaha. I feel so bad, now. This is the second time it happened to me... I've been keeping notes about bug fixes in previous programs that I have made, but I never go back and read them...

Here was the bug:

Code:
add a,e
 ld ($84AC),sp
 ld sp,84ACh

Yep, that's as far as I need to go. The fix? I added an F3 after the 83.
err-- F3 is disable interrupts. I never need to use interrupts anyway, so I guess this will just add a slight speed boost?

*As a note, I used Scout's Assemblex for that Very Happy

Thanks guys!
Thanks, glad you fixed it! I'm curious why you're talking about ASM in opcodes though; I find it far more intuitive to think in mnemonics.
Xeda programs in pure hex Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours