After seeing topics like "1000 signs you're addicted to calculators" and "If TI made a PC OS," I was about to post a topic on Omnimaga with some things TI would do if it controlled the U.S. government:

1. It would sue all media groups publishing secret information.
  2. It wouldn't care what the public actually thinks.
  3. It would constantly come up with new "features" hardly anyone needs, while completely ignoring all the problems of the system.
  4. It would watch as other governments come up with truly brilliant ideas, then ignore them completely since it's number 1 no matter what.
  5. It would be horribly inefficient.
  6. It would do all it could to prevent others from taking the power.

Then I noticed something:

One word: WikiLeaks.
    ObamaCare and all that stuff.
  3. It would constantly come up with new "features" hardly anyone needs, while completely ignoring all the problems of the system.
    Same thing, as well as stuff like Social Security, the debt, etc.
  4. It would watch as other governments come up with truly brilliant ideas, then ignore them completely since it's number 1 no matter what.
    This is probably more in the industries, especially with the auto businesses, but still.
    Won't say anything here.
    Thankfully we're not there yet Very Happy

Response?

And go ahead and add more points if you think of them.
To be honest, I don't think the government would be too much different if TI was running it. Very Happy Then the government would be in the pockets of powerful special-interests groups (see also: ETS, or Educational Testing Service), it would ignore people complaining about bugs and glitches and suggesting good fixes, and everything would be held together with kludgy patches and workarounds.
I tried to make a list, but it was only filled with stuff TI does also, weird...
qazz42 wrote:
I tried to make a list, but it was only filled with stuff TI does also, weird...

Add them anyway Very Happy

Apparently TI already controls the government.
There's not a facepalm image big enough for this thread...
Deep Thought wrote:
qazz42 wrote:

Add them anyway Very Happy

Apparently TI already controls the government.
Apparently so. DShiznit, why is a facepalm necessary?
If we moved up in society, we would not be allowed to downgrade, problem is that moving up just makes your life crapppier. (have you SEEN how old Obama looks these days?)
KermMartian wrote:
DShiznit, why is a facepalm necessary?

Deep Thought wrote:

Then I noticed something:

One word: WikiLeaks.
    ObamaCare and all that stuff.
    Same thing, as well as stuff like Social Security, the debt, etc.
    This is probably more in the industries, especially with the auto businesses, but still.
    Won't say anything here.
    Thankfully we're not there yet Very Happy

Everything this man(?) says deserves a giant facepalm image.
DShiznit wrote:
There's not a facepalm image big enough for this thread...

Would this work?

DShiznit wrote:
Everything this man(?) says deserves a giant facepalm image.

All right, I realize Deep Thought was played by a woman in the movie, but yes, I'm male Razz
Actually the question was between whether or not you're a man or a boy, but thanks for burning yourself even harder.
Aaaanyway, this thread is unfortunately going nowhere fast. Razz
yeah sorry 'bout that. Perhaps we could agree that TI would be more totalitarian than our current government?
For sure if we ever said anything bad against TI or said the truth about one of their bad practice they would probably punish you for saying the truth, kinda like how they took down Critor's Facebook profile last Summer, after he reported on TI France FB page that OS 2.1 installed an anti-downgrade protection on your TI-Nspire, which remained intact even after removing that OS.
we would have our heads taken down instead of a profile :F

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours