Zera wrote:
AIDS Memoir Pulled from Library

This has to be reactionary on more than one level. If parents want to shelter their children because of their own bigotry, then that's their problem; but don't go banning information from public institutions so no one else can access it. If I had a child, I wouldn't care if they wanted to read this kind of material. Who are you to take that privilege away from everybody else?

Of course, the school, itself, ultimately made that decision. I direct my frustration just as much at them. I don't even understand why public schools act like they're private institutions, because they aren't.

Empty the sand from your vagina and move on - this is completely non-issue. The book should never have been in the school in the first place. This has nothing to do with "bigotry", either. Here, go learn the actual definition of the word since your parents clearly banned dictionaries from your household: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bigotry

Quote:
Her mother, Misty Binkley, told WSMV News that the book was not appropriate to have in a middle school library, but was perhaps more appropriate for older students.

O. M. G. Talk about an absolutely insane over-reactionary censoring b**ch! Oh, wait, that is completely logical and level-headed. Seriously, is it "that time of the month" for you?
I was trying to be less blunt than that, but yes.
Wha...?

There are probably thousands of better examples of unjustified censorship than a sexual account of an AIDS sufferer.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours