When do you think TI was at its greatest?
 0%  [ 0 ]
 0%  [ 0 ]
 0%  [ 0 ]
 42%  [ 3 ]
 28%  [ 2 ]
 0%  [ 0 ]
 14%  [ 1 ]
 14%  [ 1 ]
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

2003. Numerology still reigns supreme on these types of questions: 1337+666=2003.
Qwerty.55 wrote:
2003. Numerology still reigns supreme on these types of questions: 1337+666=2003.
Do you have any more chronological evidence to back up your claim?
Qwerty, I wouldn't call that numerology. The Complete Idiot's Guide to Numerology says that 2003 would be a year of "Changing", because 2+0+0+3 = 5. Although, I could be looking at the wrong page (27), because it has been a while since I've looked at this book Smile

</A-Reason-To-Take-Out-My-Numerology-Book>
Aaaanyway, getting back to the topic at hand. Rolling Eyes I notice that 83% of us think that around 1999-2000 was TI's calculator peak, and although the poll is skewed early, no one has complained that recent years aren't options. Coincidence? I think not.
They've done something good recently (besides the recent CX thing)?
And even then, the CX is probably not going to be THAT much better then the nspire. no programming==no dice
I put 2004 because of the 84+SE. It has lots more memory than the regular 84, all the schools have 84's, you can use flash-drives, all that. The design on the inside of the 84 kind of sucks for a hacker, esp. compared to the 82 I used for the UltCalc. However, it's my favorite of all the models, and I have an 82, 85, 84SE, and have used an 89 extensively (just wasn't mine.). TI had it right with the 83/84, and hasn't made a better one since. I can't speak for the community of course though, being only a part of the community since the end of 2007. (TiCalc.org of course!)
Sadly, TI screwed it up by removing RAM, so perhaps the year when it first came out was ok, and removing RAM was supposed to, according to TI-Cares, "Improve customer satisfication"...

you think that lack of RAM satisfies me? Well Smile, it doesn't >Sad

(and regarding your Flash Drive statement, the lack of this RAM makes it so you cannot use msd8x `-`)

[/offtopicrant]
Is that really what they typed in response to you? That's laughably bad.
Yep, I do not have the origional email, but I assure you that they said that they removed RAM for customer satisfication Very Happy
qazz42 wrote:
Yep, I do not have the origional email, but I assure you that they said that they removed RAM for customer satisfication Very Happy
Besides the ridiculous typo, I can't imagine what they could possibly mean by that, especially considering it neither adds features nor lowers the price.
Maybe it's because TI wanted to make certain third-party apps and programs incompatible, satisfying the teachers. Wink
souvik1997 wrote:
Maybe it's because TI wanted to make certain third-party apps and programs incompatible, satisfying the teachers. Wink
That sounds extremely likely, given TI's usual MO these days of appealing to education and standardized test and worrying very little about the students and hackers using the devices. Still no response from TI on my email, which is no big surprise; since tomorrow is a business day, hopefully I'll get a response.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours