Hi everyone,

I'm currently learning assembly for the TI-84+ I own. Although it's working out very good for me so far, I have a simple question, the answer of which I couldn't find in the 28Days guide I'm using.
I noticed that when you display text using the small font, the image of this text is not saved in PlotSScreen. This isn't that much of a problem, until you use b_call(_GrBufCpy) again, because the text, not being saved in PlotSScreen, is being erased. In my, dutch, program, I'd like to display an image at a certain part of the screen when the GRAPH key is pressed, but the other part of the screen, including the text, should remain intact.
I saw that there was a system flag which resolves this problem for the large font. I'd like to know if there is any similar flag for small fonts, and if not, what's the best way to do save the text.
I'd really appreciate if anyone of you could help me out with this problem.

Greerings, Arriopolis.
Hey arriopolis, welcome to Cemetech! Would you care to Introduce Yourself in the relevant topic? Anyway, the flag you want is textWrite,(iy+sGrFlags). I strongly recommend you use the Doors CS SDK, by the way, if you're not already; it makes everything very simple and straightforward. Would you like me to show some sample code for using textWrite,(iy+sGrFlags)? You basically set it, write text, copy your image piece, then copy the graph buffer to the LCD. At the end of your program, right before it quits, you should also reset that flag so the OS doesn't get confused. Doors CS will automatically reset it iirc.
Thank you for helping me out so quickly!
I already have all the images set up already, and the only thing I need to inplement is the "SET textwrite, (IY + sGrFlags)".
Assuming that doors CS SDK is the dcs_sdk compiler, I am already using it. I don't really see the advantage above the TASM compiler, besides the fact that it runs on 64-bit computers though. But I think we're just going off topic here... Very Happy
You said that it automatically resets the flag, but does it also do that with others, like the AutoScroll one?
My pleasure. Yup, you just set the flag, display text and images, then use iFastCopy to copy the buffer to the LCD. It's safer to reset all the flags you mess with like autoscroll and textwrite on your own.

Edit: Besides introducing yourself, did you notice the SAX chat widget over there?
<---
What do you mean by iFastCopy? I personally use b_call(_GrBufCpy) to display my images...
arriopolis wrote:
What do you mean by iFastCopy? I personally use b_call(_GrBufCpy) to display my images...
That is slooooooow and interrupt-unsafe.

http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=IFastCopy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours