KermMartian wrote:
But that's not what he wants to do, I think. Smile When his app is running, he can just feed the location of the post-interrupt handler directly in. The triggering of the app is a completely separate issue if I understand him.

Oh, ok. Sorry about that.
No problem; I'm more interested in seeing if you think I'm correct that you conflated his two different questions. Do you see my point now, or do you still think he was asking what you answered?
I honestly don't know, Acag's question was worded vaguely.
souvik1997 wrote:
I honestly don't know, Acag's question was worded vaguely.
Aye, I definitely agree there. Let's wait and see what he says when he returns.
The two issues are separate. I'm looking to feed the post-interrupt handler into the end of the CALCnet interrupt if the user enables the feature, but to remove it if the user disables the feature.
Kerm, off topic and sorry for the double post, but SAX is not displaying properly in Google Chrome.

On topic, Quigibo's answer:

Quote:
Axioms currently do not have access to Axe labels. But there are ways you can fake this. Instead of using Axe labels directly, you can reference labels if you know where they will be in your code. For instance, you can have an axiom to "set interrupt" which must be followed by a goto. This means that you can reference 3 bytes that come immediately after this inline command which will hold the pointer you need for that label, but skip over them when you do the initialization.

Code:

MakeInt:
    ld hl,(Interrupt)
    ld (myIntrtStorage),hl
    jr $+5
Int:

Can be called like this:

Code:

MakeInt()
Goto A
More Code...
Return

Lbl A
Stuff happens here

This help?
Sort of. You'd kind of have to use that first routine to get the current PC, though, and use that to load the jump target of the interrupt post-handler? I'll have to think about that a bit more.
Ok. Um, on a mildly off-topic note, do u recommend a freeware compiler that I can use.
ACagliano wrote:
Ok. Um, on a mildly off-topic note, do u recommend a freeware compiler that I can use.
*Could you please recommend a freeware compiler that I can use.

Compiler? Assembler? What language? If you mean ASM, use the DCS SDK. If you mean C, then Visual Studio Express is good enough, or build-essential on Linux.
I know. My grammer is horrible. I forgot about the SDK. I'll use that. Yes, I meant asm.
ACagliano wrote:
I know. My grammer is horrible. I forgot about the SDK. I'll use that. Yes, I meant asm.
Yes, the Doors CS SDK should be your tool of choice. An assembler turns ASM into machine code. A compiler turns a higher-level language like C or C++ into ASM that is then assembled into machine code. An interpreter interprets scripting languages like Python or PHP or TI-BASIC on-the-fly.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours