Anybody know what this address does? For some reason it keeps changing every time I do anything at all. Even when I view it in a hex viewer, all I have to do is press a single key and the value there changes.

I'm using Axe, so maybe it's something Axe-specific, but in case it isn't, anybody know what it is?
I'd imagine that it's almost definitely something Axe-specific. Can you set a write breakpoint on that address so you can see where the PC is when it gets modified?
In WabbitEmu? I don't know how breakpoints work.
I would look at BrandonW's version of ti83+.inc or ti8x.lbl (you know, the general idea of the header) as he goes down the list in order of address, so you can see the area in RAM's name specifically -- since I actually doubt that Axe would touch such an area. iirc, its a not a saferam area that you're testing, so I can only infer it's OS specific.
Well, I figured it out. tempSwapArea+256, as Ashbad mentioned, has a name: MD5Buffer. I had no idea it was a part of tempSwapArea.

But that explains everything. Axe uses MD5Buffer for a ton of things, everything from the r1-r6 arguments to runtime data for Axe's routines. Which means L4 in the Axe command list should be listed as 256 bytes, not 323.

For anyone else reading, just know that you have 256 bytes free there Neutral
Deep Thought wrote:
Well, I figured it out. tempSwapArea+256, as Ashbad mentioned, has a name: MD5Buffer. I had no idea it was a part of tempSwapArea.

But that explains everything. Axe uses MD5Buffer for a ton of things, everything from the r1-r6 arguments to runtime data for Axe's routines. Which means L4 in the Axe command list should be listed as 256 bytes, not 323.

For anyone else reading, just know that you have 256 bytes free there Neutral
What about the L1-L(something) variables? I heard rumors that they got moved so that CALCnet 2.2 could be used more easily with Axe; is that accurate?
The variables at L1+712? No idea. Haven't heard about it yet, but you can always move them yourself with #Realloc( Smile
Ah, that's pretty handy. Regarding setting write breakpoints in WabbitEmu, you open the debugger, go to the address you want in the memory view, then I think it's F2 to toggle the breakpoint on that address.
KermMartian wrote:
What about the L1-L(something) variables? I heard rumors that they got moved so that CALCnet 2.2 could be used more easily with Axe; is that accurate?

Only L1 (which used to be saveSScreen+56) got moved (to saveSScreen itself). I don't believe it was just CALCnet2.2 (since no one but me is working on that). I think it also had to do with GetSymbolTable and GetSerialNumber, and other b_calls that store there. But CALCnet2.2 was one of those reasons.

And, out of curiosity, in Cn2, do you get the unique 5 byte address from the calculator's serial number?
He most certainly does Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours