http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dRkIWB3HIEs

In protest to Tennessee's "Don't say 'gay'" bill, Star Trek legend George Takei has suggested using his last name in place of gay. Like, "I'm in favor of Takei marriage" or "That's soooo Takei". As part of the campaign, Takei has launched a website where you can buy "It's OK to be Takei" merchandise, including mousepads, t-shirts, and buttons with a rainbow Star Trek lambda.

http://www.itsoktobetakei.com/

I'm not even gay and I want one of those mousepads! What about you guys?
People use mousepads?
allynfolksjr wrote:
People use mousepads?

This.

Also, Takei is far superior to John Cho.
A fascinating concept, and a very weird bill (the Don't Say 'Gay' one). However, this doesn't qualify as a technology thread, mousepads notwithstanding. Moving to politics.
KermMartian wrote:
A fascinating concept, and a very weird bill (the Don't Say 'Gay' one). However, this doesn't qualify as a technology thread, mousepads notwithstanding. Moving to politics.

It is Sulu we're talking about.
What a horrible bill. I may have to buy one of those shirts or mugs.
Mousepads actually are useful if you're on the go. Not every cafe, restaurant, and hotel you stay at are going to have tables that are conducive even to newer optical mice. They're also much more comfortable to put your hand on than a wooden table.
allynfolksjr wrote:
People use mousepads?

I'd rather not cover my desk in Teflon, so yes, I use a mousepad.
Kllrnohj wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:
People use mousepads?

I'd rather not cover my desk in Teflon, so yes, I use a mousepad.
I too use a mousepad; my mousepad has a cat in a hammock on it. People who play the BL-KermCave map in Freebuild already know what, though.
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

It is Sulu we're talking about.

Anything with Sulu has to do with technology. WHOOO all the pretty colors!

But it's Sulu taking a stand on a political issue. Razz It's not up for argument.
I agree with Kerm. When I started this I wasn't 100% sure, so I put it in technology, but I have no problem with it being moved to Politics.

Any way, George Takei looks damn good for a 70-something-year-old Asian man.
Ashbad wrote:
DShiznit wrote:
D-cks must be like a fountain of youth...

... and the waterfall of an AID-ed death :/

What the heck are you talking about?
TsukasaZX wrote:
Ashbad wrote:
DShiznit wrote:

This. Unfortunately for those who do engage in Homosexual acts, there is a strong correlation between that and a higher chance for AIDS, which I'm sure you know what that is Razz I mean, I guess Sulu could go with a Magic Johnson solution (he is rich enough I'm sure).

But back on topic, interesting replacement for 'Gay', though unlike other words you could say, isn't considered offensive to Gays. Takei obviously just wants fame and advertising contracts Rolling Eyes
Ashbad wrote:
TsukasaZX wrote:
Ashbad wrote:
DShiznit wrote:

This. Unfortunately for those who do engage in Homosexual acts, there is a strong correlation between that and a higher chance for AIDS, which I'm sure you know what that is Razz I mean, I guess Sulu could go with a Magic Johnson solution (he is rich enough I'm sure).

But back on topic, interesting replacement for 'Gay', though unlike other words you could say, isn't considered offensive to Gays. Takei obviously just wants fame and advertising contracts Rolling Eyes

True, I forgot about the actual physiology of the matter. I'm used to people saying that AIDS is a 'gay disease' and that the simple act of homosexual intercourse 'creates' it. My bad, Ashbad.

I wonder if gay people will ever be treated fairly? Stupid homophobic people....
TsukasaZX wrote:
I wonder if gay people will ever be treated fairly? Stupid homophobic people....

They should be treated fairly, I do fully agree, except I am among the many who are against gay marriage.
It isn't that the sex is gay that the AIDs spreads, it's that it occurs in the anus, in which infection occurs much more easily than other parts. You could have straight sex with a woman in that area and spread the virus just as easily.

Perhaps we should get off this particular subject though, as we're getting dangerously close to NSFW territory.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours