The Button Game was originally an old game that I made while I was bored in my PAP Chemistry class a year ago. Well, I recently decided to revisit it out of the blue, just because I was bored in my Pre-Cal class. After playing it for a little while, I realized that I could greatly improve the game and implement many new ideas that I never got the chance to do.

So a year later, I finally added in many new features and improvements and have about 10 gamers.

The objective of the game is to push the enter button as many times as you can within a specified amount of time. The default time limit is 10, but you can modify it to your liking.

The game features a highscore list of the 3 highest scores w/ names, a statistics page, as well as an achievements page to addict people into trying to get all 15 stars Very Happy.

I haven't made any videos or screenshots yet, but I will try to add them in the future soon.

Video of Button Game
That looks like fun, thanks for making and sharing the video! Will you be releasing this into the Cemetech archives soon?
I submitted the program to the Cemetech archives a few days ago. Haven't heard back yet.
I wonder if I could kick it's a by soldering something to the enter pad that would complete the circuit 60 times a second...

Anyone know offhand the max number of key-presses per second a TI-83+ can register?
With pure TI-Basic, the minimal run time of getKey in the smallest loop possible would be the bottleneck, let alone however many instructions are required to chalk up the number of presses.
You have to push enter to pass the pause command that is in the program. If I remove the pause command, the calculator can get up to 97 taps in 10 seconds.
Interesting... it is sort of like "Do not press the red button" but with a time limit... interesting genre of game Good Idea
Thank you. I got the idea and mechanics behind the game from a friend and it resulted in this.
kpa4941 wrote:
I submitted the program to the Cemetech archives a few days ago. Haven't heard back yet.
I'm pretty sure it was accepted around when you submitted, although you might not have received a private message about it. Did you check your author profile?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours