Ok, so one day, probably yesterday/today, anything that goes full-screen from the command line, displays, then minimizes before I can do anything. Yes I have tried pushing ctrl+enter, and F11, it still doesn't work. Here is a screenie: https://sites.google.com/site/seanga2/dropbox/fs.avi View it before giving me your problem. (I apologize for not zipping it)
It looked like you close the command line instead of trying to execute the program from the command line. I assume the program is throwing some errors at you that you're not seeing.
1. I'm not touching anything
2. It does this with EVERY program. EVERY SINGLE ONE.
But you didn't try to run the program from the command line with a sequence of "cd [folder]" followed by "[program].exe", as far as I can tell from the video.
https://sites.google.com/site/seanga2/dropbox/newvid.zip?attredirects=0&d=1
seana11 wrote:
https://sites.google.com/site/seanga2/dropbox/newvid.zip?attredirects=0&d=1
From that video it appears the command line closed immediately when you ran the executable, correct? Is it, by any chance, an older DOS program? If so, try using DOSBox.
KermMartian wrote:
From that video it appears the command line closed immediately when you ran the executable, correct?

Correct.

Quote:
2. It does this with EVERY program. EVERY SINGLE ONE.

Let me rephrase that: Any program with a commandline interface that tries to run fullscreen, will minimize, and stay minimize.
seana11 wrote:
Let me rephrase that: Any program with a commandline interface that tries to run fullscreen, will minimize, and stay minimize.

Command line programs have never been able to go fullscreen. If it is trying to go fullscreen, it isn't command line. Are we talking about old DOS games or something?

Try launching it from a command prompt and see if there is any error output. You might also check the windows error logs (control panel -> administrative tools -> event viewer)
The Command line could go full screen in windows XP on newer versions of windows it can not.
I have not looked at the videos to see what you are using though so I cant be much help other than that sorry :/
Kllrnohj wrote:
Command line programs have never been able to go fullscreen. If it is trying to go fullscreen, it isn't command line. Are we talking about old DOS games or something?

I've been running fs command line programs just fine for years now.

geekboy1011 wrote:
The Command line could go full screen in windows XP on newer versions of windows it can not.

I'm on WinXP SP3.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours