I have been working on an Axe Detokenizer for a while now. Today, with a precious tip Kerm Martian gave me, I manged to finally finish it.

Quote:
Axe Detokenizer is an open-source, free, light-weight, simple and easy-to-use TI-83/84+ (SE) Axe Detokenizer. It opens Axe Source Files (.8XP) and makes text files with the detokenized code. It was made in Python and in order to use it, you need Python 2.6 or 2.7 installed. Since it was made using Python, it is also cross-platform, meaning it will work in all major Operative Systems.

To use it, type in the command line:

Code:

python axedetok.py source.8xp detokenizedcode.txt

In order to know how to use it, you can always try

Code:
python axedetok.py --help

If you're a Linux user, it should be very easy to setup. If you're a Windows user you will need to have python in your path. To do this, go here.

A .zip version can be found here. A .tar.gz version can be found here.

Todo:
-I need someone to make an executable version of it for Windows-Users
-I'll make a GUI Version soon enough
Congrats on releasing it. And I'm very happy (and surprised) to hear that I helped you fix something. What did I help you fix?
KermMartian wrote:
Congrats on releasing it. And I'm very happy (and surprised) to hear that I helped you fix something. What did I help you fix?

KermMartian wrote:
Very good, I look forward to hearing what the answer was. I know the program is not completely relevant to the members of Cemetech, but I hope that you will indeed upload it to the Cemetech archives! I should also mention that I didn't get a chance to look at your code to help debug; I was planning on doing that if you were unable to find the problem.

Well, it may not be relevant, but changing about 5 lines turns it into a TI-Basic Detokenizer Smile

Either way, you helped me fix the two-byte tokens bug when reaching end of file.
Ah, very nice, I'm happy to hear that my guess was close to correct. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Ah, very nice, I'm happy to hear that my guess was close to correct. Smile

I also finished the GUI Version:

Looks like a pretty straightforward GUI. Does it use the standard SourceCoder special symbols for the sake of cross-compatibility, like {pi} and {e} and such?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours