Hello,

As some of you might have noticed, there is an Axe programming contest on Omnimaga. I'm also participating, with the game Continuity. Basically, it is a game with 4-16 individual map tiles, which you can rearrange through shifting them like a sliding puzzle. For more info, check out the game itself (its the link :P)
Latest screenie:

No demos, because thats against the rules of the contest, I'm sorry for those who want to have it on their calc :P

Edit: Changed screenie
Why are you running Asm(prgmCONTINUITY when you could just run prgmCONTINUITY and let Doors CS's Homerun feature do the hard work? Smile Looks like fun, though!
That looks. Pretty freaking amazing.

Makes me want to go out and buy an 84+SE. How complex can the levels get? Fill the screen with tiles, or can the tiles expand beyond the screen?
I was a bit lazy, wanted to record a screenie in a minute or so, so I didnt install DCS (Always gives much trouble lol)

EDIT: ComicIDIOT: Yep, the biggest level fills the whole screen. Thats 5x5 tiles.
I agree -- this looks awesome ^-^ I can tell you'll be a top contender in the contest Very Happy keep up the great work!
Thanks!!
Do you have plans as far as the overall game structure? The goal/objective?
This game be fun. Can't wait to see how it turns out Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:

I am cloning the PC flash version. The goal of the game is to collect all keys and then get to the door. You can play it online at http://www.continuitygame.com/playcontinuity.html/
aeTIos wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I am cloning the PC flash version. The goal of the game is to collect all keys and then get to the door. You can play it online at http://www.continuitygame.com/playcontinuity.html/
I think I just spent an hour getting through 30 levels, and an hour trying to get the final two levels done. I have one key and one door left. This is great, though; I really hope your game is like this. Smile

Edit: And twenty-five minutes later, I finally beat that last level! Yay me.
Since this is a port, this game will be more or less the same. If you have beat all levels, you can use level packs (I'm pretty sure that I'll do these)

Edit: new screenie!
Looks great! I think that you should make 2x2 fill the screen if the level only has 3 pieces, and 3x3 fill the screen if it has 8, etc? Also, how feasible is smooth zooming, like in the original?
Maybe I'll do that. Zooming seems doable, but will require very much data. I'll look after it.

EDIT: New screenie!
For zooming, couldn't you just render the zoomed-in view, save it somewhere, and just zoom that to the zoomed-out view? It would leave out some stuff, but it would at least be an approximation. Also, I vote that you make keys disappear or at least change to something else after you pick them up, for levels with more than one key.
About the key: Yeah, I'm going to save the locations of keys in a temporary appvar, and then I'll add just like a 0 there and remove it using pxl-change()r (The r means that the command affects the back buffer), since I am not redrawing the screen when you're playing. Why? Because it would get friggin' slow (There are 216 tiles per map, plus some tiles at the sides)
Made a map editor.
aeTIos wrote:
Made a map editor.
Screenshots? Very Happy Almost deadline time, no?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours