That looks amazing, calc84! Very Happy I assume that there's bouyancy physics and that Mario has a limited amount of time that he stays under water before he loses health, dies, or incurs some other penalty?
What? Since when did Mario do that? Razz
Looks amazing, though, definitely Very Happy
This ^^
Mario has never had a time limit for being underwater (there have even been entire levels underwater).
Man, once you get this done there will be no other mario game for the 83+ line that can compare =D
tifreak8x wrote:
Man, once you get this done there will be no other mario game for the 83+ line that can compare =D
Certainly not that ridiculously-misnamed BASIC program. Razz And calc84, fair enough regarding the time limit.
Didn't Mario 64 have an underwater time limit?
All of the 3D mario games have had time limits for being under water.
All of the 2D Mario games had none except for some SMW ROM hacks.
So Merth, is not playing any Mario games another thing you're going to insult me for, besides not playing any Pokemon games?
Some new features:
  • Yoshi tongue collision detection greatly improved
  • Hitting enemies with fireballs now turns them into coins which can be picked up (or eaten by Yoshi)
  • Yoshi can eat coins from the tilemap
calc84maniac wrote:
Some new features:
  • Yoshi tongue collision detection greatly improved
  • Hitting enemies with fireballs now turns them into coins which can be picked up (or eaten by Yoshi)
  • Yoshi can eat coins from the tilemap

wow... this is pure awesomeness lol
tifreak8x wrote:

Hay, Sam Heald's Mario game was pretty a good....
qazz42 wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:

Hay, Sam Heald's Mario game was pretty a good....

It may be good for an old calc game released in 2001, but as a Super Mario Bros game it's not all that great imo.
It was nice compared to everything else around, but it could have been better. People love it because there isn't anything better available.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
It was nice compared to everything else around, but it could have been better. People love it because there isn't anything better available.
As always seems to be the case. Smile In retrospect, stuff we thought was the bee's knees a few years ago seems cheap and poor quality, as will the current stuff a few years down the line. Such is progress and modern society.
KermMartian wrote:
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
As always seems to be the case. Smile In retrospect, stuff we thought was the bee's knees a few years ago seems cheap and poor quality, as will the current stuff a few years down the line. Such is progress and modern society.

Hmm, not sure that's always the case with retro-style games like this. But in this case, Super Mario v1.2 was definitely worse than Super Mario Bros for the NES.
calc84maniac wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
DJ Omnimaga wrote:

Hmm, not sure that's always the case with retro-style games like this. But in this case, Super Mario v1.2 was definitely worse than Super Mario Bros for the NES.
That is exactly why I stopped playing it, it was just not anywhere near as good, and when there was a nes at my grandparents house, which is now mine, it just couldn't compare.
It looks to me from the screenshots that Calc84maniac has posted thus far that there's no real danger of that here, so I hope he continues to press on ahead. Smile
Yes calc84maniac keep programing project M and demo if it is possible

but is there any progress at all?
annoyingorange wrote:
Yes calc84maniac keep programing project M and demo if it is possible

but is there any progress at all?
I think that life and/or other projects might have intervened once again, as it's been a long time since I've heard from calc84. Sad
Yes nobody has heard from him Crying

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours