And the first news post about it was indeed from 2005, six years ago. Good memory:

http://www.cemetech.net/news.php?year=2005&month=all&id=123
Nice update Kerm on SC 2.5 and yeah I was sure it was Early 2005 or so, because that's around when it got announced and then featured on ticalc.org.
Hi Kerm,

saw your project on engadget, so I registered to drop you some huge congrats.

What about wbmp images and binary wbxml? that would be more compact and maybe easier to parse. and this is "standard"

again thanks for giving a new life to our calcs.

I sometimes tried to create sth like calcNET using the official TI protocol and trying to design a hub, but you deserve a lot of fame for having recreated a complete protocol that actually works, and epic software that uses it! Congrats and Thanks!
Squalyl, welcome to Cemetech, and thanks for stopping by to say hello! Images are indeed something I considered trying to do in various forms, all of which would be some kind of text marker on a page where each image is, clickable to bring you to that image by itself. Since images can be nicely compressed into 8 pixels per byte for monochrome display on the calculators, doing some image processing in Python on the WebHub wouldn't be too bad.

Do you still write calculator programs? Have you checked out CALCnet and played around with it? Hope you'll stick around, introduce yourself, and let us know what you're working on.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours