Deep Thought wrote:
I finally, finally received my TI-Graphlink cable! So here's something worth sharing, I guess. Not much. Sorry.

It's a nice start; thanks very much for sharing! Why does Axe seem to not know that progress numbers should increase in an orderly upwards fashion, though?
Lol, that's because I have so many subprograms in my code (kind of like #include in C-like languages). Whenever Axe hits an included subprogram it resets the progress counter to zero.

And as an update, got water (sort of) working!

EDIT: And testing out a new theme for this project at http://contra.clrhome.tk/.
Cool, I can not wait to see some more progress with this. It looks cool so far. Good job.
Not much, but a demo: 4-11-11.8xp

EDIT: Another broken link. I should stop moving stuff around Razz
Will be trying that demo out soon!
Yeah, everyone's been saying how it's hard to see moving objects because I use Pt-Change( (as in XOR). Axe doesn't have an AND sprite routine, unfortunately. Guess I'll make my own Neutral

I also completely redid http://contra.clrhome.tk/. Better/worse? I think it's worse Sad

EDIT: Wow, they blocked it...
Deep Thought, too bad you're doing this neither in Hybrid BASIC nor pure ASM, so Doors CS can't help you out. Sad That page looks fine and unblocked to me, although I have a bit of trouble taking that tagline of "The Original Game" without a fairly significant boulder of salt.
KermMartian wrote:
Deep Thought, too bad you're doing this neither in Hybrid BASIC nor pure ASM, so Doors CS can't help you out. Sad
I'm already using some raw assembly code, so if I ever need to DoorsCS is always an option for things I can't do on my own Smile I'm gonna try to keep it compatible though, but I'm already making it for Ion, so I might as well use those.
KermMartian wrote:
That page looks fine and unblocked to me, although I have a bit of trouble taking that tagline of "The Original Game" without a fairly significant boulder of salt.
New URL and an entirely new design! It's now more dashboard-style.
Looks really nice, a little hard to see your character.
I'm glad to hear that this project is still alive. I also second zeldaking's feedback on that. And you should definitely use DCS routines; no sense trying to keep it Ion imho. Wink
nice this is being worked on I love contra
annoyingorange wrote:
nice this is being worked on I love contra
I think you lost a lot of punctuation; the only reason your post wasn't a total loss is that you capitalized "I". Let's try that again, shall we?

"Nice, this is being worked on. I love Contra."

Much better.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours