The things I do instead of studying for the AP exam I just failed Very Happy

Online Z80 tables (URL changed.) (Again.) (And again.)

Mostly a prettified version of Scout's Z80 tables (really depends on what you consider "prettified"; I know a lot of you would not agree that six shades of gray do not count as "pretty" Razz), so lots of credit to him, Runer112, and "Collin Anderson" for their parts of it.

I also added a search tool (type the beginning of whatever mnemonic you want to find, and it'll black out the rest).

Comments and suggestions? When I get the time I'll add title-text that shows the time and speed of each instruction, as well as a quick description of what it does and what flags it affects.

Verified it works in all modern browsers, in addition to IE.[img][/img]
Very nice! I especially like the Search feature. Smile
Thanks! It's just really slow in IE. As expected.

EDIT: And on a slightly related note, I finally learned what "specificity" is Razz Bugged me for quite a while.
That search feature is looking really good, nice job.
Glad you know what specificity means. Smile I agree that the styling is much more attractive that David's had, but of course props to David for the original work. Any change of some very subtle syntax highlighting on the opcodes, such as a color for 8-bit registers, one for 16-bit registers, and one of 8 and 16-bit immediates, for instance?
Good idea, and I think I should bold all registers or something (to distinguish them from cc's).

Just finished adding some tooltipping Very Happy I decided against title attributes to give myself more flexibility later on.

EDIT: Changed URL. It's now at http://clrhome.org/resources/table/.

EDIT2: Updated again! Tooltips are now at a *sane* size, and they elaborate on how the instruction affects flags (instead of just throwing 00P1++ in your face).

EDIT3: And the search bar matches any part of the instruction, not just the beginning.
The tooltips can get a bit schizophrenic, so I recommend you either remove their ability to appear to the left of the cursor, or make them delay between one-half and one second before appearing.
KermMartian wrote:
The tooltips can get a bit schizophrenic, so I recommend you either remove their ability to appear to the left of the cursor, or make them delay between one-half and one second before appearing.

I actually have no idea why they're doing that Confused
I think I do: I think if you move your mouse fast enough, you can make them think they're appearing inside the cursor and move out of the way. Would you like us to fix the Javascript for you, or do you know how to do that?
Makes sense... But it's absolutely positioned at the cursor's X and Y positions (plus 10 and 20), so I'm not sure how it could think it would "move out of the way." I might need some help getting it to work though (when the server goes back up).

EDIT: For some reason it never happens in Chrome (coincidentally, it's also laggy in that browser Neutral).
Ah, so I guess you'll let us know when the server is back up and we can help you continue to work on this problem?
Lots of updates. Besides some totally useless stuff (I seriously doubt valid XHTML really makes a difference), I also added size/time/flags/description info to every opcode box. (Thanks to Runer112 for letting me nuke his bot with queries!) I still have to change the descriptions to fit with the rest of the page (right now it's exactly the way Runer112's @z80 script shows them), but it works.
KermMartian wrote:
I think I do: I think if you move your mouse fast enough, you can make them think they're appearing inside the cursor and move out of the way. Would you like us to fix the Javascript for you, or do you know how to do that?
Tried adding a bit of delay, but it looked so not smooth that I had to get rid of it again.
Deep Thought wrote:
Thanks! It's just really slow in IE. As expected.
Added a slight delay to the searchbox, so it doesn't lag anymore!

EDIT: Added permalinking to searches, for example http://clrhome.org/resources/table/#ld.

EDIT2: URL changed, again. Also fixed some bad info.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours