Yes I turned on my calc and I was greeted by a install OS now? I try to send one with ti-connect but it cant find my device?

Well TI was no help with their guidebook Ill ask ti-cares
err, thanks for letting us know?

in all seriousness, did you try changing the drivers perhaps? That is sometimes the problem..

come on, give us some details, perhaps screenshots too
I have no camera at the moment this is the first time I turned it on I got it new from best buy
Did you try TiLP or a different USB port? Also, try sending the OS from another TI 84+/SE to your new calc.
Well then, you simply need to install a .8xu file (I think that's what the os file is) onto the 84+SE and it should be fixed.
I tries that from my other 2.53 but no luck I sent but then got error press any key to turn device off
Try sending again, but pull a battery during validation. Also, you could try a flash self test.
wait, check device manager when your calculator is pluged in, under universal serial bus devices, there should be one along the lines of "TI-educational device"

if that has a yellow triangle next to it, then it is possible you need to adjust the drivers. Ti-connect did this to me the first time I installed it too...
It does not get to validating and how to get to a flash test
Remove a battery, then press MODE while putting the battery back in. Also, for future reference: http://wikiti.brandonw.net/index.php?title=83Plus:OS:Secret_Key_Combinations
When does the error show up? If you try to send the OS calc to calc, does the ti84pse begin to receive, or just error out (timeout or not)? If it never shows up, on+mode (on as in putting the battery in, not the key [ON]) will erase the flash. If that doesn't work, then your ROM chip may just be corrupted, or the link method might be broken (try IO instead of USB, or w/e).
AHelper wrote:
When does the error show up? If you try to send the OS calc to calc, does the ti84pse begin to receive, or just error out (timeout or not)? If it never shows up, on+mode (on as in putting the battery in, not the key [ON]) will erase the flash. If that doesn't work, then your ROM chip may just be corrupted, or the link method might be broken (try IO instead of USB, or w/e).

I am using I/O

souvik1997 wrote:
Remove a battery, then press MODE while putting the battery back in. Also, for future reference: http://wikiti.brandonw.net/index.php?title=83Plus:OS:Secret_Key_Combinations

how long does it take?
Try using the unit-to-unit USB cable that should have come with your calculator.

Edit: @Annoying I have no idea, I haven't tried it before.
again, does the OS start to receive at all? past 0%, or straight to an error? And the flash erase will take seconds, but that's just glassos...
AHelper wrote:
again, does the OS start to receive at all? past 0%, or straight to an error? And the flash erase will take seconds, but that's just glassos...

No 2.55MP No it does not even start
Hmm, my guess would be that your link cable isn't functioning correctly, use a different I/O cable or a USB cable.
It works fine with my other calc but I will after the flash test ends
Sorry to double post but my calc is fine now
you don't have to double post, we *do* have an edit button...

good to hear it is fixed, mind telling us what you did in order to fix it?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours