Hi everybody,

Just wondering...does anyone know where the TICI 1.0 website has been relocated to, if it still exists at all? I downloaded the TI-BASIC program, which told me to go to www.tici.tk, but the domain had expired. Has the site moved, or is the TICI project essentially dead?

Hope to get a reply, thanks! Graphing Calculator
Hi there, and welcome to Cemetech. The TICI project is unfortunately no longer active, and the website was last updated about a decade ago. However, many of the aspects of TICI 1.0 were eventually integrated into other Cemetech projects, like PS/2 support in Doors CS, the mobileTunes music player, etc. May I ask which particular aspect of that old project of mine you were looking for or interested in?
Thanks. I am looking into the networking/modem capabilities of TICI. I have found that Doors CS has CALCnet. However, I am having trouble getting your Gossamer web browser working. I have the USB-direct cable (TI-84+SE), and I connected that to my computer. However, upon running Gossamer from inside Doors CS 7.2beta, it stayed upon the "Loading page" message for at least five minutes. I eventually closed the program, assuming that it would never connect. Do you know what the problem could be?
Did you run the gCnClient on your computer? A more appropriate place for Gossamer debugging would be the Gossamer topic here; it might even have answers to your questions. Regarding the TICI stuff from this topic, CALCnet and globalCALCnet did indeed subsume the goals of the networking/internet capabilities of TICI.
Ah...that might explain a lot.
Alebcay wrote:
Ah...that might explain a lot.
Glad to hear it, please feel free to ask any questions that you need answered. I'd love to see someone do something with the TICI concept, though; I always wished I had had time to work on more TICI hardware. In a sense, CALCnet-attached non-calculator peripherals would actually be TICI devices, come to think of it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours