Hello guys,

for the Cemetech Arcade contest I am going to port Jetpack Jerome to calc. The original game is found here
Of course, I am not adding sound and mouse control, but all other features including achievements will be in. (and probably also some powerups)
More info as I make progress.
Oh, and I am programming this in Axe but don't expect a super big program as I optimize the hell out it ;)
See you all later!
That sounds great, aeTIos; best of luck! I hope you'll be keep us updated as you go along. Would the DCS libraries be insufficient to let you add mouse control somehow? Also, did I ever mention how much I like your glittery DCS signature bar? Wink
I think mouse control has a very, very tiny userbase and is pretty hard to implement. And yep, you mentioned that more Razz
aeTIos wrote:
I think mouse control has a very, very tiny userbase and is pretty hard to implement. And yep, you mentioned that more Razz
That's fair, I can understand leaving that out. What sort of implementation plan do you have?
Arrow control.
I plan on having powerups and stuff. I'll see what I can do.
Ideas, suggestions, questions, other stuff?
aeTIos wrote:
Arrow control.
I plan on having powerups and stuff. I'll see what I can do.
Ideas, suggestions, questions, other stuff?
Well, I just tried the Flash version of the game out, and found it quite fun, although the stereotyped racist sound effects really grated on my nerves. I hope you leave those out. Razz Yeah, I see no reason to have anything other than arrow control, control via a mouse controlled with arrows would just be awkward. Definitely powerups, and do you plan to have those aliens?
I even haven't got to the aliens Razz
But yeah, I plan on adding the aliens.
Having some troubles with masked sprites atm. Figuring it out.
I now have a background!
Very nice, does the background get darker as you go upwards on the level? That might be an interesting touch, start with a set of dark player/rain sprites on a light background and go up to light sprites on a dark background higher, like in the game. Just a thought, though, feel free to completely ignore me. Smile
That would be pretty hard to implement, but I'll give it a try. Would need lots of sprites though.
edit: If you have ideas for powerups, please post them! (that is allowed, isnt it?)
aeTIos wrote:
That would be pretty hard to implement, but I'll give it a try. Would need lots of sprites though.
edit: If you have ideas for powerups, please post them! (that is allowed, isnt it?)
Certainly, as long as you're not asking for code. Although don't forget to credit people who give help or ideas in your readme. Smile Hopefully you were planning on doing that anyway. Could there be a powerup that fills your fuel and one that slows down your fuel burn x2? You could also add evil powerups, like one that empties your fuel and one that speeds up your fuel burn.
Okay.
Thanks for the ideas. I was also thinking about a parachute for a one-time save.
aeTIos wrote:
Okay.
Thanks for the ideas. I was also thinking about a parachute for a one-time save.
That's a great idea! Are you planning to let the player move side to side while the parachute is in use?
Yep, else there's no benefit for it. (slower falling = more chance to collect rain drops/ stars)
I also plan on adding a shield powerup.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours